None of the Talking Heads

Ugh…don’t remind me. I still remember that game and I was only in 4th grade.

I’m a little concerned about their poor shooting two of the last three games. I think they shot < 30% vs. ECU and barely 30% today, Let’s hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

4 Likes

Some clown has us losing to Iowa in the second round.

While I love my Hawkeyes, they won’t be us.

2 Likes

I remember that game. I was a student @ UH then.

Both Gary Parrish (over Alabama) and Matt Norlander (over Purdue) of CBS Sports picked the Coogs to win the national title on the CBS Eye on College Basketball podcast. So not all the talking heads ignore us.

4 Likes

We are NOT losing to a Big 10 slow a$$ team.

I love our region….

7 Likes

Agree. Only way we don’t make at least the Elite 8 is if Sassers injury somehow got worse

Maryland and Arkansas worries me way more than Iowa and Auburn do

1 Like

I just completed a bracket. Coogs over Marquette!

They mentioned on the Eye on College Basketball podcast that if we had won today, we would have been the overall number 1 seed. Bummer…

UH did not know for sure if they had won vs Memphis today that they would be the overall #1 seed. The Alabama win vs Texas A&M right before the UH/Memphis game made it an easier decision to rest Marcus Sasser.

1 Like

When Tramon fouled out, it was down hill from there.

1 Like

I feel like our region is best of the bunch……even Bama’s.

2 Likes

Yeah, and even had Bama lost their tournament it would make 0 sense to risk aggravating his injury for maybe being able to wear home unis if we had to play bama again in the F4

5 Likes

They didn’t like us last year till we destroyed UA. I’m good with being the underdog.

2 Likes

Do talking heads get paid to regurgitate the same thing?

1 Like

I love it this way…weve always been doubted and it gives us motivation to prove them wrong. Last year some experts had us losing to UAB in the first round…

4 Likes

This is very insightful. Basically, margin of losses matters. Several people made fun of me for talking about lack of double digit losses but it looks like the committee agrees on this. Kansas had 6 blowout losses, yesterday was our only one and that was by exactly 10 without our best player

7 Likes

Well, it has to be a given that ONCE AGAIN the heads are in agreement that the B10 is such a great conference such that 8 teams in the dance is accepted without blinking an eye. And ONCE AGAIN discounting UH one way or another is the thing to do.

Here’s to tradition. It works out well most every year.

2 Likes

Turned on ESPN at 5:00Am this morning. The graphic behind Van Pelt had UH as the top odds of winning the championship.

1 Like

We got a good draw. There is no reason we do not make it to the Elite 8 and that game is likely a toss up (If Texas makes it that far).

I think only Bama got an easier draw than the Coogs.

Taking UH, Bama, UConn, and Marquette with a UH/Bama final and the Coogs winning by 1 point.
I think Memphis makes it to the Elite 8 and loses to Marquette.

Kansas Bracket has 5 of the top 11 teams (according to Ken Pom rankings). I also think TCU and Arkansas are capable of making runs in that bracket. Be glad Coogs didn’t get the KU draw.

5 Likes