None of the Talking Heads

We’re almost identical. Swap out Marquette for K State.

1 Like

I’ll step up and defend the Coog against many-a-slight, but honestly if they look at us as not being as battle-tested as some of the other top programs (and we’re young and our star is a bit iffy health-wise) I can’t disagree with that. If they were saying we had no chance or something I’d be scoffing, but 67 out of 68 teams are going to lose.

I think people picking Texas and the people who think Terry is a good coach are just on the hype train - I don’t trust Terry given his history as a coach

1 Like

What do you expect? This is another great way to motivate your team.
A non P5 school being ranked #1 goes against the very principle why the P5 moniker exists. You all remember the announcers faces when we beat okie and FSU? They looked as if they lost their puppy. The best way to shut them up is to win.

No! If everyone on every channel, website or podcast does not pick us to win the championship they are being influenced by Anne Richard’s estate, UT and the Chronicle.

Forget the talking heads! J.J. Watt is supporting the UH Cougars.

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1635073323200843778?s=20

2 Likes

Lol it was a dang scrimmage and I am sure both teams have improved over the season.

1 Like

And after we beat Arizona most were picking us to win it all. I think we do better as underdogs lol

2 Likes

We have entered the Gonzaga zone except next year we are moving to a power conference. I have seen plenty of folks calling Gonzaga overrated the last 24 hrs as well. A lot of the media only pay attention to the power conf and don’t pay attention to the rest of the sport.

Most of the CBS sports guys love us
2023 NCAA Tournament bracket predictions: March Madness expert picks, winners, upsets, favorites to win - CBSSports.com

Except Dennis Dodd has us losing like right away

4 Likes

From Matt Norlander. He is a great follow during tourney time. Uses analytics and actually digs into storylines for teams instead of hot takes after watching a few mins of halftime shows.

6 Likes

Go JD! Lol

7 Likes

LOL, Duarte didnt catch that she was trolling him?

I don’t think she was trolling him. She backed off because he called out her for playing victim. She did provide her reasoning, which was flawed, but she explained herself unlike the guy who quit haha

10 Likes

Who cares what the so called “talking heads” or anyone else has to say. If they all said UH was going to win it all would it mean anything? Again who cares.

I’d take what Vegas has to say over the “talking heads” and they have UH as the betting favorite at
6-1.

1 Like

Sasser’s injury is being played up big time on ESPN, CBS, and all across Twitter. I think he could have easily gone against Memphis if we needed him to, and everyone using Marcus’s health status to justify an early exit for the Coogs are going to look very silly in about 3 weeks time.

3 Likes

Come monday for a bunch of these idiots

2 Likes

I wasn’t making fun of that at all. And I do think margin of victory can carry some weight.

What I do think is that there is nothing at all magical about the difference between a 9 vs 10 point margin compared to an 8 vs 9 point margin. Nor a 10 vs 11 point margin. All are simply 1 point margins. The "Double-digit’ boundary is arbitrary.

So is Q1…

People really think Rutgers got snubbed when they have 4 Quad 3 losses, including one where they blew a 12 point lead in 90 seconds for gods sake :joy: