North Shore Beats The Woodlands

That’s a tough district…… Atascocita, North Shore, CE King, and Summercreek??sheeeshhh

Congrats Coach Gaston on his 1st win. A Coog wins!

10 Likes

Did he get traded from JAX during the preseason?

1 Like

My bad. Yes, J’Ville. At least I got the right state.

1 Like

Waxahachie, Desoto, Duncanville is the toughest district in Texas.

And good coaches find ways to win by building great cultures.
It doesn’t get better than Gary Joseph at Katy.

It is no accident that others who have been able to win at a high level in the district have been Don.Clayton at Cinco, Todd McVey with Tompkins and you saw what BJ Gotte did at Paetow and what happened to their program when he left. All from the Katy family tree.

And with NS it is absolutely true they have isolated the district talent at one school but even they were underachieving until upgrading coaches who could run the offensive side of the ball.

1 Like

I think GPISD only has two high schools and GP is pretty small. NS is really big though and probably could be broken up.

I have been to the North Shore Football Stadium to watch a Band competition(Grandson in the band).

It is very nice and pretty large. Neighborhood is perfectly ok.

Not in “the hood” at all.

3 Likes

I am a North Shore alum. There are some rough pockets but it covers a large area. It is half middle class suburb, half low-income apartments and homes.

1 Like

North Shore takes the best players from surrounding schools that’s why every year they have a good team.

1 Like

They act like that’s happening by accident :rofl:- it’s common knowledge - everywhere in Houston has has ups and downs but not north shore - come on lol

----/

It is no accident that others who have been able to win at a high level in the district have been Don.Clayton at Cinco, Todd McVey with Tompkins and you saw what BJ Gotte did at Paetow and what happened to their program when he left. All from the Katy family tree.

And with NS it is absolutely true they have isolated the district talent at one school but even they were underachieving until upgrading coaches who could run the offensive side of the ball.

In 1999 Yates and north shore went heads up at Dement Stadium - no talent difference - now look at what happened since - HISD’s decline was north shore’s rise - during that time you lost forest Brook, Smiley.

Gotte did what typical Texas hs coaches do - they run when they see the talent drop at certain places and head for new pastures where the demographics are stable- it’s about demographics - been happening forever - no secret formula

Outside of Katy there’s little consistency on the north side of the district but south side there’s more consistency so those coaches will have stable places - Morton and Paetow will have spurts but not enough to compete with Katy cause the stability isn’t on their side - Morton Ranch’s lack of success is one worth studying

I think there is more to why Gotte left Paetow as they were entering 6A with the rest of the Katy schools coming off a 5A championship.