Now in the B12

I think we’ll hit.

The key will be throwing strikes……has enough talent been brought in to be competitive on the bump?

How much does WW have to work with.

I know I’m tired of watching 9-10 walks and a few HBP every damn game.

They still haven’t invented a a defense for a walk.

3 Likes

Walks and HBP have been KILLER.

Walks tend to happen when your goal is to light up the radar gun and nibble at every corner. Id rather watch a pitcher throw low to mid 80s with movement and get 15 flyouts with 2ks and 1 walk versus see a guy try and touch 95 and walk 7 in 5 innings. The problem is the pro scout is going to want the kid touching 95 thinking he can improve his location.

Velocity is all the rage right now. Pitchers have turned into robots designed to throw a hard baseball. This will get you on a college scouts radar easier. What they forget about is most college and pro batters really dont care about velocity, in most situations it helps them. Batters dont like the guy throwing multiple pitches for strikes in various counts and moving the ball around. Hopefully we have a few of these mixed into the staff.

4 Likes

Hey Lurker, how you been?

What is your take on Woody coming in?

Spot on imwo. I watch kids getting lit up throwing just straight velo. Haven’t a clue how to locate a breaking pitch or throw an offspeed effectively.

We got Woody!

How many wins to get into the CWS? However many wins are needed to win the B12 tournament. That’s if we get into it.

How many wins to get Pez off his a—?

1 Like

How many licks are in a Tootsie Roll Pop?

2 Likes

7 out 9 of these schools had a winning record. If we finish seventh or above I will be content. Finish below UCF, Cinci, BYU then an automatic change has to be made. Mediocrity should not be tolerated.

1 Like

I.Hate.Walks.

3 Likes