Now in the B12

What number of wins gets us into the tourney?

1 Like

2 Likes

ou got in last year with 27-28 record and 11-13 in conference, you gotta figure coogs could go with better than 500 records in both, even if ucf, byu and cinci dillute conference strength some.

And why do you “gotta figure Coogs could go better than .500 records in both”?

Really curious to hear why you believe this.

1 Like

I think he’s saying our chances to get in are good if we win that many games, rather than predicting that we’ll actually do that. :grinning:

3 Likes

U gotta be kidding ROFLMAO! With Whitting as coach who could not do it in the AAC? Unless something major has changed we will be towards bottom of conference, the Big 12 teams are going to knock our heads off with our pitching and stupid base running mistakes

OK, so realistically then, what do people here imagine that our final win total and conference record will be?

I’m going to go bold and out on a limb but I think we will make the tournament.

1 Like

What is your reasoning?

I know there are a few high level freshman….
I know a couple of key returnees are back.

But the pitching is a massive question in my mind….i can’t make any kind of prediction just because I don’t know enough about the pitching….Woody should be a help….but what does he have to work with? I’m just not sure.

If everything goes well I guess they could slide in as a #3 seed….but I could also see them finishing in the bottom three in conference….

I have no feel for this team.

2 Likes

No reasoning. I just wouldn’t be surprised see them get extra motivated and play up, in the new conference. I think the Big 12 also gets more bids.

1 Like

Man, I’m not sure we make the B12 tournament. I have nothing to go on beyond last year’s performances against teams with a pulse.

yes, this is what i was saying, not predicting the coogs record.

My question would how many wins it would take.
I think it would take 32-33.

I am not implying we’re gonna make it, though.

2 Likes

CWS or bust this year.

As weak as our non-conference schedule is, I would think we would have to win 90% of the non-conference games and go 50% in the big 12 to get a bid. I do not see either one happening.

3 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

We’re the team everyone wants to schedule for Homecoming.

1 Like

Last year.

OK got some love for runner up in 22 & bringing the wood of a fanbase to wherever.

This season:
Top of B12 with more wins w short term dead weight of new teams.
BYU under .500 in MWC. Mediocre or bad 23 AAC teams w UH, Cinn, UCF.

35 + wins to get in ?

3 Likes

About right

2 Likes