Official 2019 Early Signing Day Thread

Dan Carrel, Lamar Morgan, Paul Williams, and AJ Blum. None of the assistants were let go.

1 Like

They did a great job IMO.

1 Like

Baylor would not come close us in recruiting if UH was in a P5! Which is why many middle of the pack P5 schools despise seeing UH invited into a P5 conference. It would be like seeing a rebirth of how The U came to dominate South Florida in the 80s/early 90s/early 2000s.

The plan to dominate recruiting in this area has been done before! Follow the Schnellenberger plan (recruit the State of Houston and put a recruiting fence along the borders of Brazoria, Ft Bend, Waller, Montgomery, Liberty, Chambers, and Galveston Counties).

1 Like

Admittedly know little of recruiting but fun to keep track on days like this.

The QB position especially is intriguing to post about. We seem to have a three man competition for 2020 with Tune, Bryson, and now Levi taking the reigns after D’Eriq is done.

1 Like

I read somewhere that Cesar was going to be an outside !b.

Academics f omwhat I have read .

Great job my Major and remaining staff! Guess it those high school coaching connections paying off. :grimacing:

2 Likes

He was committed to Kentucky
offered by Florida
Maryland
UCF

Where
who
are the incoming OFFENSIVE linemen?

Don’t forget about Tyreik Gray. He was a high recruit as well if I remember.

Is it possible for someone to post a list that INCLUDES the five grad transfers and a little write-up on them?

It looks like we have mostly three and four star recruits, which is good, but I’d like to know a little more about our five transfers.

I’ll be able to get a better idea about the overall quality of our class with that info.

They were transfers that were on the team this year:

S Deontay Anderson - Sophomore starting safety
SR QB Quinton Dormady - Redshirted, transferred to CMU
SR WR Raelon Singleton - Backup WR
SR CB Nick Watkins - Backup CB, will start bowl game
SR RB Terence Williams - Backup RB, was injured most of the year

Woof.

So besides Dormandy, are the rest coming back? If not, who is?

Only Anderson is coming back from that group. The rest used up their eligibility.

Thanks Pray, at least Watkins will go out seeing action.

1 Like

i thought i read that Watkins was skipping the bowl too
 i could be wrong, and he did post on twitter something that insinuated he was done

Can we have a little clarification? The five transfers (with only Anderson returning in 2019) count against this year’s scholarships, right? That should leave four additional schollys for 2019, right? Is that included in how many we can sign in February?

Is CMA going to do a signing day press conference? Kind of awkward timing since the team is in Ft Worth.

Probably doesn’t want coordinator questions either.

And Patrick’s write-up indicates the grad transfer project was pretty much a complete failure that will hurt our depth for years to come.

But violate some obscure recruiting rule and you could get the death penalty!