Oh man Team USA has won the Gold Medal!

I have nothing but respect for KD… The way he always plays hard for USA!

1 Like

I hear your argument… But to play devil’s advocate… none of these guys are playing on Team USA either

Terrible, uninformed post. You seem to forget the Nigerian national team is mostly players who were born and raised in the US and consider themselves Americans first. If you don’t know what is actually going on, don’t try to stir the pot and call people “spoiled brats” or say they aren’t playing hard because they don’t care about their country. The team is flawed for sure and probably thought they would cake walk through the exhibition games. The Australia game was more concerning with lack of backcourt defense and chemistry overall.

2 Likes

I hope they as well as the butch soccer squad lose biggly!

1 Like

Only point I disagree with is overall this Olympics will be weaker compared to past years. Spain is old, Serbia didn’t make it, Argentina is not as good (got blown out by Nigeria), Australia is not as good as past years either. France is improved and maybe a challenge but shouldn’t be a big one. Nigeria is much better, could be a sleeper for a medal with the weak field, but still way off from our talent.

Will be interesting to see what happens in Slovenia now that they could have the face of the NBA for years to come. Once LeBron retires.

I’ve grown to hate professional basketball. In past years I would have cared. Not anymore.

4 Likes

So why post then? You could have skipped the thread.

1 Like

If we’re so blessed…What anthem did we decide to go with this year?

To give my opinion. Hell, maybe I’m a howling, closet Nigerian basketball fan. What do care?

Your opinion that you don’t like pro ball???

Yes. I don’t consider International basketball an amateur sport.

I guess I don’t understand why we cant have a thread w/o somebody having to bash pro ball somehow. If you don’t like it, I would think the thread would be irrelevant to you.

4 Likes

So funkmaster can only post if his thoughts are in line with yours…typical…

1 Like

No I didnt say that. Im saying that comment adds nothing to the convo. If you don’t like pro ball skip the thread. We are actually talking about the issues so far with Team USA. Heck you can start I hate pro ball thread and I wouldn’t care honestly.

1 Like

How do people like you grow mentally and intellectually if you don’t listen to opposition…you might learn something from Funkmaster… if instead of trying to silence him just ask a question…

Okay, Funkmaster. Please tell us why you hate pro basketball? So we all can learn something.

It wasn’t opposition and I do listen to ppl with different viewpoints. You trying to put something on me that isn’t true. He just made a point that doesn’t have anything to do with the topic that happens every time we discuss the pros. People go out there way to say I hate the pro game. We got it at this point. Nobody is trying to silence him either. He is not a victim, I simply asked why post this.

2 Likes

“Heck you can start I hate pro ball thread and I wouldn’t care honestly”.

Sounds like JCoop is putting the silencer on Funkmaster. No doubt about it.

1 Like

The funny thing is there are some reasonable critiques of the pro game right now that I would listen to. There are some changes that need to be made but we never get those. Its just that blanket statement.

1 Like