Oh man Team USA has won the Gold Medal!

I apologize. I retract my original post and devote my energies to supporting USA basketball. If they get thrashed by the Fighting Musk Oxen of Togo I will commit seppuku on youtube.

2 Likes

Guess I have thesame feeling about our football program…why can’t we have a thread or two that isn’t ripping a coach or player?
I have said this many times…I have never really liked Holgersen…he is not my cup of tea…but that said I will support him as long as he is our coach.
That said, I can’t believe our mods continue to allow all the senseless bashing on the football board.
Geez, we eat our own but worry about the NBA getting mocked…lol

2 Likes

I was referring to the people talking about AAU turned guys into brats lol, that’s just not true

1 Like

I’m retracting my retraction. Popovich reminds me of a convicted Real estate embezzler that just spent 20 years in federal prison…

He always has some snarky, dramatic distraction when he loses.

4 Likes

Klay may not be the same. Kawhi would of been a better option.

2 Likes

We didn’t even qualify in 3x3

Man, Popovich is such a badass

2 Likes

Didn’t even think about Kawhi. Oversight on my part. Just another guy that is missing that is a game changer.

Spoiled brats? Lmao I doubt you’d said that to any of those guys faces.

4 Likes

Of course he wouldn’t. Internet tough guy.

1 Like

Not only did last NBA season end late but this season started later than usual pushing the playoffs later as well. Not ideal for having a full regular Olympic Training Camp for the USA men’s team. I don’t recall past OTCs having international friendlies after the team being together for just a week or so. Under normal circumstances after a week in camp the roster would still be around 30 guys or so.

That said, they look to be rounding into form a bit against Argentina tonight.

We should not have to overwhelm the competition to win games. Unfortunately because these guys don’t play the game with the tenacity to match our opponents that seems to be the only recipe to win the gold.
Let’s also be real. Their two losses have not been to the top teams.

Nigeria wasn’t but Australia absolutely is a top team. They’re T-3 along with us and Spain.

1 Like

Yeah, Australia is the 3rd ranked team in the world. Not sure how anybody with a clue would say they aren’t a top team. Nigeria’s ranking isn’t great but that is because their non NBA/G-League squad isn’t good. First time they played with this many NBA level players. Still that loss was more of a fluke than anything. The Australia loss is the one to worry about.

Looking ahead to game 1 in the Olympics, France with Gobert and some good guards will be a tough matchup.

P.S. - Australia controlling Nigeria pretty well right now without Mills/Ingles/Baynes/Delly playing.

1 Like

USA! USA! USA!

Jcoop is spot on here it’s the roster building. Our best players on the team are 2/wing ball in hand create your own shot let me rest on defense guys. We need some big men like a younger Demarcus Cousins to patrol the middle, get some boards, and exert physicality. Have you seen Australia down low? They have 2 trees that can own the middle and hit a 3.
Also better defenders on the perimeter as has been mentioned.

Finally, get guys who have played together. If KD is your star fine, build around him. Find guys he’s played with to fill roster roles. This isn’t an all-star team. We don’t need more points we need good role players.

The days of is just walking on the court and beating people by 30 are over. That is a good thing. It is the world’s game now behind soccer.

I disagree. Put a healthy Lebron, Anthony Davis, Harden, Steph etc. and they win by 30.

What the heck is 3x3? Do NBA guys even play in that? Seems irrelevant.

I think the Big 3 league is pretty cool… And there’s no reason that USA shouldn’t qualify for ALL basketball games in the Olympics… It’s like Brazil not making the World Cup… Unacceptable.

1 Like