Oregon State Home and Home series

Haha how the turntables. :crazy_face:

Anyways, beautiful country, bad politics. :grimacing:

4 Likes

There but for the grace of God go I.

4 Likes

Last time Houston played Oregon state in football was in the 70s.

They were part of the group that shunned us when we were in the desert. Why throw them a life line.

I’d rather do a roadie to San Antonio or New Orleans.

2 Likes

2 years ago Oregon State won 10 games. They are a quality PAC 12 P5 opponent. There is nothing underwhelming about scheduling them and Pezman did a good job getting them. We had holes in our NC schedule because of Utah and Colorado joining Big 12. This was good work on short notice.

5 Likes

We did call UT, Bama, A&M , Ohio St, and Michigan for 2 games home and away. Those schools want 1 game at their house and 1 at NRG but our fans told Pez not to accept the deal so no deal. We only want games at TDECU.

2 Likes

Be careful about booking hotels on game day weekends in the college towns that are far from metro cities.

Some of them will require you to pay for 2 nights instead of 1 night and some will blackout those dates.

1 Like

Log out of your account and forget your password.

This is a solid OOC opponent even if it is G5.

Rice
Boise St
Oregon St

Rice
Oregon St
Ga Southern

LSU
Rice
Ga Southern

3 Likes

Amazing how some schools still treat us like we’re Rice. Hopefully, after some successful years in Big 12, their attitude will change.

1 Like

I think Pezman is sticking to a 1 P4, 1 G5, and 1 FCS/G5 type of schedule for OOC.

2 Likes

I would not hold your breath on that. Even if UH wins a title in the next 5 years, they only want very limited name schools for their away games in big stadiums. Big 12 likely will not get any of them in their stadiums, especially as they are now broken into a P2. They have even bigger egos with guaranteed byes and higher payouts for the same games in the CFP.

Yet somehow Rice still gets on UT’s schedule as an easy win in Houston.

Rice is a patsy who have been playing Texas for a hundred years and losing to them for the last 50…THATS why they play them…

6 Likes

I bet you could make a pretty solid tier map of college football based on which teams agree to play home-and-homes with each other.

Sadly, Rice’s role as far as UT football is concerned is that of a prostitute. Whenever the state’s largest university decides that it wants to make a gridiron personal appearance in the state’s largest city, it can always call Rice for a date and a win. Rice will always welcome the Horns into Rice Stadium with open arms and open legs.

That UT actually played UH at all or at TEDCU Stadium last year was about as rare of an occurrence as the recent solar eclipse. It certainly wasn’t something UT really wanted to do.

8 Likes

Not sure the issue with Rice, but the last few times UT played Rice in Houston, none were at Rice
2019 - NRG
2010 - Reliant.
2006 - Reliant
2003 - Reliant

Each game in Houston included 2 in Austin.

UH should not give up a home game for NRG just to play UT or any other “name” school.

6 Likes

Sheeeeeeeeeit. Can’t even talk trash on Rice and how they like to TAKE IT from ut since we lost to those humps (Rice). Damn you Holgo!!

1 Like

No worries, 1 loss does not mean you have to stop talking trash.
You can just blame the loss on the coach and dis him while still beating up on Rice.

Now 2 losses in a row to Rice, might be another story…

1 Like

OH Yeah! I’m drooling over Ga. Southern and Rice!!

1 Like

After this great basketball season and looking to football and remembering we lost to Rice just makes me sick to my stomach.

1 Like

Had to think hard on this one–what do we tell the folks from Oregon coming to Houston? “take an armored car ride down I45 at 2AM. Guided tour of major emergency rooms on the weekend. View roadwork/potholes on all major streets and freeways. Visit local pawnshops for the latest in deadly weapons, slightly used. If lucky, observe a convenience store getting knocked over with clerk beaten severely. Return to airport and witness another aircraft in flight coming directly at yours on the runway. Return home with memento mosquito repellant, squashed palmetto bug, and severe allergy unknown to man with no known cure.” (and yes, lived here my entire life)

1 Like