Oregon State Home and Home series

10 Likes

It took me a minute to realize that 2025 is just next year. That seemed far away for a second.

17 Likes

Not a bad deal!

2 Likes

Playing down to the g5 level.

17 Likes

Cool. I’ll be there. Not too far from home.

3 Likes

this is good…Corvallis is a great place. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Tempus fugit!

1 Like

Heck yeah. Corvallis is awesome. I needed an excuse to go back.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to visit that stadium. It looks awesome on tv.

5 Likes

Nice road trip.

1 Like

Obligatory “could be a conference game by then” post

Never been….where do you fly in to?

Worth the trip?

Can’t say that I’ve “been” to Corvallis specifically, but I drove through Oregon on the way up to Alaska many years back, and can testify that that is some BEAUTIFUL country!

If you have to stay in Portland, I’ve been there on business a few times, and it’s a VERY cool city!

1 Like

Portland is about 1:40 away. Pretty drive too.

1 Like

Pollardsvision, fly into Portland and drive or take the Amtrak train. That’s actually fun. There’s a train station that stops in downtown Corvallis. Although I would suggest renting a car to see the surrounding areas in the Willamette Valley. It’s mostly farmland surrounded by foothills and coastal mountains to the west and Cascade mountains to the east. Vineyards about every 5 miles, sprinkled with fruit orchards along the Willamette River. If you have the time, drive over to see one of the many beautiful lighthouses on the coast.

If you’re flying up from Texas I think it’s well worth taking a day or two to see the area. Get a rental car, drive over to Silver Falls State Park for a short hike, do a wine tour, and maybe take in a dinner (7 course meal) at a local farm, such as Field and Vine

Field and Vine Dinners

15 Likes

Outstanding advice and definitely something I will lobby for with the wife.

I usually am allowed one OOT roadie during regular season and then bowl game.

I love the Amtrak idea along with the lighthouses.

2 Likes

Easy roadie for me too.

Keep going west to the beach at Newport, cut north to the Tillamook factory, and up to Astoria.

2 Likes

I second jtdees suggestion.

This sounds like it would be a fun road trip if have the time to stay a few days. I would look at staying along the coast instead of Corvallis itself, just because the water would be nice, and I imagine they raise prices on game weekends like most game dya places.

Funny thing about playing Oregon st is that a few yrs or so ago , they were p5 and we were g5 but now it’s reversed. Personally I be ok with Oregon st and wash st in the big12 but that is off topic.

4 Likes

Why? These games elevate OSU and do nothing for UH. Oregon State is Mountain West material and so is Wazzu. This series is nothing to get excited about. This is PEZ underwhelming again.

4 Likes