OT: 3-inch Lincoln Riley Highway

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Lincoln-Riley-Highway-Oklahoma-3-inches-16683089.php

An Oklahoma state senator has proposed legislation to “pay tribute” to former Oklahoma football coach Lincoln Riley by renaming 3 inches of state highway after him.

2 Likes

Should name it “butt hurt highway”

8 Likes

3 inches huh?

how many millions will that cost the taxpayers?

1 Like

It’s Oklahoma. They got nothing better to do.

2 Likes

Us UH fans were salty over Sumlin and Herman, OU has taken jilted lover syndrome to a whole new level. How f-ing embarrassing

11 Likes

It’s written into the bill that the rep who proposed the legislation will pay for the signage. Whacky, but fun.

1 Like

The guy just embarrassed himself against Baylor and lost his chance at a conference championship. Why are they worried about him?

Weak…weak…weak.

1 Like

And the 3" “distance” is a “tribute” to???

I don’t think you guys are understanding what actually happened. Coaches left us for other jobs. He was actively recruiting for his new stop while still employed by OU. Riley is trash.

1 Like

Isn’t that EXACTLY what Briles’ staff was doing here when Briles left for whack-o?

10 Likes

Probably the length of his…?

The same with Herman and Sumlin as well! But those Okies are a lot more butt hurt than us and think such a thing couldn’t and shouldn’t ever happen to them because that’s how much more special they are than us!

6 Likes

I don’t think you understand recent UH history. Briles did the same exact thing (even took a starter with him) and Sumlin was interviewing with A&M instead of preparing a game plan for a championship game that would have netted us a BCS bowl.

6 Likes

RGIII was a UH commit, then Briles went with him. Sumlin and his assistants were recruiting Manzell…when Sumlin signed with GagEm, Johnny Football committed to them.

Just the facts…

3 Likes

I hope this screws OU and USC…

I see OU has been taking notes in pettiness from the Mississippi schools. How SEC of them already!

2 Likes

The starter was Terence Ganaway. recruits are fair game IMHO.

1 Like

It may only be inches of highway, but they will be putting in a toll booth to pay for it. Who said those Okies weren’t smart?

2 Likes

We’re gonna need a sh*tload of dimes!

2 Likes