OT: 4 star recruit flips from Georgia to Jackson State

Deion just flipped a Florida commit adding to his top ranked FCS class.

2 Likes

Offensive Tackle is one of the hardest positions to recruit too!

Tje whole CFB world should asking what Sanders is promising these kids who flip from major programs. I know I am.

3 Likes

It also helped no kids took official visits so the playing field was level in some cases. Some don’t even know what’s in Jackson, Mississippi. If they took visits they would’ve found out.

I saw one of Deion’s videos where he said he was looking for those that want to play on Sundays and sometimes on Mondays and Thursdays. It sounds like he is promising them an NFL career. Yes, that is what every college coach promise.

Deion has the charisma that grabs the attention of African American boys. If Nick Saban steps in their living rooms, that’s awesome, but if Deion Sanders walks in, that moved up another level.

The goal of many of these recruits is to get to the NFL, and what better way to help their goal is to be coached by an NFL HOFer that knows the NFL today. I believe that is how these recruits see it.

1 Like

I hope he do better at Jackson State than his “Prime Time Academy” in Dallas that shut down a few years ago.

Prime Prep Academy - Wikipedia.

4 Likes

It seems like Deion had good intentions for the school but he did not know what he was doing and had people in charge that did not know how to run a school. A recipe for failure.

Now his task is simpler, recruit and coach, unless he violates NCAA rules. Jackson State, being in the middle of SEC country, I’m sure SEC schools will find something to put JSU on probation if Deion keep flipping their recruits.

SEC to Deion: Stay in your lane.

1 Like

Some kids had certification issues and the schools wouldn’t sign off on them so they went on and took the JSU offer

From what other coaches have said he’s going to bring so much attention on him everyone has to ensure they are doing their job and not cave in to him

1 Like

Wonder if this is a part of his recruiting strategy? Sign a bunch of three and four star guys who aren’t going to wind up qualifying in the early window so that he can point to his recruiting rankings between now and February and tell kids they’ll be a part of that.

1 Like

Yelp. With the hype of his hire maybe alums finally start giving more. I still think swac schools and Ivy league schools should play in the FBS playoffs to gain any national respect and possible national title. Just my two cents.

Subway

4 Likes

I think they will under Deion

My high school played those guys back when Barrick Nealy was coaching us. We got crushed. Very crushed.

Rumor mill around our school (football player was my roommate) was that a class was literally ‘football’ and grades were kind of handed out. I don’t think Sanders tolerated that, but the school was doing it’s own thing. It got shut down before the 15-16 season, where they would have come to our turf to play us (we won state that year in our conference)

1 Like

Deion Sanders adds a 4 and a 3 star recruit to his already top FCS class.

He now has six 4 stars and a slew of 3 stars. This is astonishing especially for a HBCU. I’m kind of envious. Why we can’t get a recruiting class as good as this?
https://247sports.com/college/jackson-state/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

Probably because our coach wasn’t a multi-sport all-star pro athlete.

4 Likes

He also added Jason Phillips to his staff.

2 Likes

This would be former Cougar Jason Phillips, not TCU Jason Phillips . . . . .

I’ve known Phillips to turn jobs down on the FCS level and now he’s a coordinator there - how times have changed. He’s hoping to parlay this into an FBS gig if sanders works out.

Reminds me of Melvin Haralson on the hoops staff and John Robinson the former Assistant AD who turned down a head coaching job and an AD job in the swac only to get canned at UH and both had to take lesser positions in the swac lol

Also Deion has taken many unpaid volunteer coaching positions in the past. He’s also mentored athletes and has always been a competitor, so he has the track record to show that he cares.

1 Like

this hot light will burn bright but fade quickly into the night

1 Like