OT: Brandon Miller

Uh-oh.

He brought the gun that was ultimately used in the murder committed by Darius Miles’ friend. Yikes.

1 Like

Are you serious. Not good for Brandon Miller’s brand.

Social media blowing up (Arkansas, Auburn fans, etc) about Nate Oates comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_NickKelly/status/1628104869797036044

That is beyond serious

1 Like

“Oats on Brandon Miller’s involvement in Miles case: 'We’ve known the situation”

AL.com asked why Miller was not charged, and Tuscaloosa chief deputy district attorney Paula Whiley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge with him according to the law.”

Im sorry this is beyond sketchy? nothing you could charge him with? How about accessory to murder?
and for this to just be coming out? color me skeptical

6 Likes

“Investigators believe Miles provided the gun and that Davis fired the shot that killed Harris. Culpepper testified that Miles gave Davis the gun while the two were in the back seat of Miller’s car. According to Culpepper, Miles texted Miller and Miller brought Miles’ gun to the scene.”

So he brought the gun to the scene of the crime and there’s nothing they can do?

3 Likes

So. Miller provided Miles the gun. And then Miles provided to his friend. But Miles is charged with capital murder. Miller is not. Weird.

https://twitter.com/jasonscheer/status/1628107211431096320?s=20
https://twitter.com/JTalty/status/1628107973451972638?s=20

these are great takes. For Miller not to have missed a single game in this ordeal is just mind blowing

10 Likes

At the least, I don’t think Miller is a high character kid.

2 Likes

Dude brought him a loaded gun at 1 am. Lol

And didn’t think nothing of it.

I hope he learns his lesson of not surrounding yourself with POS people.

And Nate Oats response to this is comical. Dude should be fired.

11 Likes

Oates should be fired??

I dont know about that. It was a poor choice of words. You can’t throw Miller under the bus. If he hasn’t been charged

1 Like

Yup.

As a leader of men, his response was alarming.

6 Likes

I’ve never seen a clearer example of the term the NCAA throws around when they want to ruin programs than this situation. If this isn’t “lack of institutional control” then I don’t know what the hell any of us are doing here

8 Likes

We know why he hasn’t been charged.

5 Likes

Bingo.

And the story gets better. Jaden Bradley was also present.

Oats is the typical SEC sleaze bag. He’s not a great coach by any stretch of the imagination. Just out-athletic the other team

10 Likes

the Alabama Basketball team is at the heart of a MURDER investigation. Meanwhile Kendal Briles can’t get a head coaching gig because his last name was associated with that scandal. this is such a wild blind eye to how every other situation that has remotely sniffed this has gone.

4 Likes

I disagree. This isn’t a situation like New Mexico St, where there was a shooting and the coaching staff didnt immediately alert law enforcement. Or took the gun, etc

The question is not about Oates. Its about should Brandon Miller be suspended or dismissed from the team for his actions

Oates had a poor stateent. But if he came out tomorrow and gave a better answer, that would calm the flames