OT: Retro UH Merch Drop

UH Bookstore released a bunch of new vintage-logo apparel, and most of it is great. If you’re looking for something new to wear for Homecoming or Basketball Season, you should check it out. It’s the strongest argument I’ve seen yet that we should go back to the old logos.

https://www.bkstr.com/houstonstore/search/keyword/%2522true%2520uh%2522

10 Likes

Winner Winner!!!

Screenshots_2022-10-27-12-01-22

17 Likes

I love that logo!

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of this, but to each their own. Not really a bad logo in the set, as long as they don’t bring back phat UH.

3 Likes

Oh Chit - they went HAM on these. BRING BACK THE SKINNY LOGO…

We have to end the University of Kouston (found at Academy) confusion

2 Likes

Eh, misprints like that happen at every school. MS State and A&M get confused a lot, too, as I’m sure you know. It’ll probably keep happening as long as schools with similar colors or logos exist. (Switching back to the old logos won’t fix it, since Utah also uses a very similar interlocking UU.)

1 Like

Those shirts are all awesome

I know, but Academy’s HQ is near Katy. I’m okay that the colors might be off to avoid licensing, but this monstrosity shouldn’t have passed QC from the buyer.

I do love the original skinny logos, though. If anyone finds a Texas A&M Bulldogs shirt, I’d love to see that snafu. :slight_smile:

Academy will say this is why they don’t carry more UH stuff. No one bought these perfectly fine visors. Or those burnt orange UH caps.

1 Like

Isn’t that the truth?

Good on the Bookstore for coming up more satisfying options to make me fill in my shopping cart with stuff >$200. They haven’t done that since I was a student, buying two textbooks.

Will the store in the Student Center be open before the game this Saturday? Early game so wasn’t sure, last time I went, it was closed on game day

Does anyone know if there’s a Yeoman style hat?

I have one from back in the day.

3 Likes

There is some really cool stuff in there……bout to have to load up!

3 Likes

some day the bookstore will sell “wet cat” logos as “retro” and everyone will be: “oh, cool!”

:wink:

4 Likes

Pretty sure it’s closed on Saturday

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I just bought a buncha stuff with the old school tough coog on it!

Dan, can you take a photo and upload it?

Booooooooooooooooooooo. It’s like Ed Hardy and Affliction shirts. We don’t talk about this time period!

2 Likes

Back when we thought this was a good meme.

2 Likes