OT: Sooners Basketball Considering Relocation From Norman

Per the OU Daily. No, this isn’t an April Fools joke.

Ridiculous, these schools are getting more greedy than pro teams.

5 Likes

Lol they see what UH has in NIL potential and wants the same. Nope. Stay out of the metro areas OU.

2 Likes

Well Norman is in the metro of Oklahoma City. It’s built up all the way from Norman to OKC.

1 Like

For reference, if OKC was downtown Houston Norman would be about where Alvin is.

1 Like

Just play some games at the Thunder Dome.

Any excuse to leave Norman is a valid one.

3 Likes

Alvin is 31 miles from downtown Houston and Norman is 20 miles from OKC downtown.

It’s more like HWY 6 and I-10 to downtown which is still in the city of Houston.

1 Like

Just drove through OKC/Norman on the way back from Nebraska, and it’s totally developed between the two. In Houston terms, Norman wouldn’t even be a suburb, just a different part of town.

Its Oklahoma, 20 miles seems like 31 Texas miles its so boring.

3 Likes

Prediction: If they do this, they will move back.

You ever driven from Downtown Houston to Louisiana border! The worst . :nauseated_face:

You mean going through Boremont and Vidor isn’t exciting enough?

Horrific. My aplogies, but just not into the whole refineries, industrial look mile after mile.

Ooops i forgot abt the 397 Convenience stores along the way.

second, i went to both ou and osu a few years ago while in oklahoma city, ou may have been sepreate 25 years ago, its a suburb now.

i can’t blame ou for this college sports is all about the money more than ever before and that’s going to increase as long as people line up to pay.

Was born in Port Arthur, grew up in Groves (shout out to my PN-G boys who won the state title this year!), and I can confirm that it is most unpleasant to be surrounded by refineries, and all the pollution, all the time, on all sides. I won’t even get into the very high rates of cancer in the area. I escaped to UH as soon as I could! I used to joke with people that I moved to Houston for the clean air- only it’s not a joke. As the saying goes, the Golden Triangle is a good place to be from. And goodness, the drive from Houston to Beaumont is hideous, for too many reasons to list here.

1 Like