OT: Thoughts on Coach Prime's first season as Colorado HC?

1-8 in conference

4-8 overall

dead last in the Pac-12

Still three games better than last year

1 Like

Will the hype last without more wins.
The OC decision was very suspicious

I hope prime calls and expresses interest.

He won as many games in his first year as Dana did in his fifth year here.

Why not?

He’ll bring NIL$
He’ll bring passion
Hell bring butts in seats.
Hell recruit harder than anyone we’ve had in a long time.

All hat no cattle. He should do better once he can get some recruiting classes under his belt, but the hype of those first few weeks was ridiculous.

5 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

EVERY new head coach…even Prime…is entitled to ONE “freebie” sucky season.

Even Kelvin Sampson got one when he first got here.

But NEXT year…Prime had better show that the program is moving forward.

All things considered you’d have to give it a B-

He needs to get to a bowl game next year in the Big 12 to keep some upward momentum. They go 4-8 again next year and he is probably on the hot seat in year 3

No CU will ride the Prime wave until the country tunes out, or he moves on. He’s creating all kinds of buzz and revenue for them. Until that ends he maybe there until.

Objectively, it’s a solid C+ or B- season for me. I still think he’s all hat and no cattle, but 4-8 is decent progress for a team that went 1-11 last year. I think there’s reason to suspect it won’t get much better under Deion – specifically the fact that he turned over nearly the entire roster this year at what will likely be the height of his recruiting hype – but at least for year one he’s done okay.

1 Like

Comparing to CKS is funny.

Sampson had an excellent coaching record before UH.

2 Likes

So does Art Briles.

His 24’ commit just decommited too this morning- front page espn

If not for the outstanding QB play this season from his son, I’m not sure they would do much better than 1-11. Shadeur kept them competitive even while getting sacked 10 times per game. But it is an improvement from last year, and he made them a ton of money. I just feel like he’s not in it for the long haul. Want to see how they do in Big 12.

1 Like

Deion Sanders splashes cash in record-breaking Colorado football splurge (msn.com)

We’ll get a better idea of what sort of coach he is next season.

Every new coach is allowed to have a sucky first season.

Even the great Kelvin Sampson was 13-19, 4-14 in conference, during his first season here.

Huge success.

Lots of donations, increased ticket sales, College Game Day appearance.

Record was as expected.

CBS Sports analyst says “It’s very volatile” at Colorado and questions Coach Prime’s commitment (msn.com)