OT: West Viriginia vs Diamondbacks

I’m pretty sure the D-Backs arent using their main rotation.

I would love to see a UH vs Astros game.

2 Likes

Didn’t the Padres used to come down here for an exhibition game each year?

4 Likes

I remember that too when John Moores owned the team.

3 Likes

I seem to remember that the Coogs and Astros would scrimmage back in the 80’s. What a recruiting tool! Even if the Stro’s use the bench…

1 Like

Are you even serious? We can’t beat UTSA or UIW……the Hooks would crush UH 10 of 10 times and you want to see them play the Astros?

Maybe back when UH was really good they might make it a game vs. The A+ or maybe AA….that was then….now UH could not beat the 16-18 year olds on the Dominican Astros….and I’m not kidding.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned before that the first UHBB game I saw was vs the Astros in the Dome in 1983. The Coogs held their own, trailing 3-2 after 9 innings, but since it was a spring training game for the ‘Stros, they batted in the bottom of the 9th and tacked on a few more runs. The Coogs beat the Padres in 2000 in Tuscon and the Padres came here in 2001 or 2002. In both those games, Padres’ pitchers, including Woody Williams, pitched for UH. If Astros pitchers took the mound for the Cougars, it might be a game, otherwise Pollard is right. From what we’ve seen so far this year, we’ll have our hands full with tsu tonight.

2 Likes