OT: Why weren’t Cougar Paw hats ever made available to the public?

The only Cougar Paw hats available are the versions where the Cougar Paw logo is way oversized and looks tacky

It really upsets they never sold these to the public. The logo is a perfect size.

3 Likes

I’ll get my Chinese buddies on it right away pretty good at fulfilling market needs regardless of licensing or not. :rofl:

5 Likes

Anything CDH wore should be discountinued especially that crappy cap.

2 Likes

Put your hate for Dana aside. That hat is sick. I would love one.

8 Likes

Typical UH dropping the ball on merch. This hat, Jordan Polos, anything good from Nike…

2 Likes

UH Licensing is penis.

Also SOH had several of these, sold by Crawdad. UH threw the hammer on them, then released an even worse version of a grosser looking Cougar Paw hat and shirt.

It looked GIMMICKY

6 Likes

That hat looks like it was created by a third grader…opposite of sick.

You gyys should try truck stops, maybe they sell them there along with all of the other bad cap designs

When they make the licensed version of this cap, the Cougar hand sign needs to be 3x bigger.

I always assumed it was the logo Crawdad was using, or very similar and UH forced them to stop using it and it would be a legal gray area to start selling hats almost identical to Crawdad’s hats which UH never offered before Crawdad made them. I assumed this is also why the new version was significantly different. I am wearing one of the matching Tiger Woods shirts right now.

They did make a licensed version that’s 3x bigger, and it looks very immature and tacky outside of perhaps a football game

The one in OP is something I’d wear on a day to day basis because it’s so small and not in your face

4 Likes

I’ve been wearing this for a couple years now

4 Likes

We seem to have bad luck with UH merchandise over the years:

No Jumpman merch during the first year UH was sponsored by Jordan.

Low selection of Jordan brand apparel including no PE shoes for the public.

Cougar Paw hat wasn’t available the first game that it was announced that it would be sold in the stadium (I believe it was the Halloween game).

When the Cougar Paw hat did come out, it looked like the one pictured above and not the Nike one Coach **** wore. (The Nike one had a better design and made with better materials).

UH dropped the ball on selling Luv Ya Coog merch during the first game of the Big 12 season. We heard it was going to be released later in the season. Now it ended up being ceased and desist.

On top of all that, we see both football and basketball players get exclusive gear (which is understandable) but then it’s never eventually released for purchase to the public years later. A lot of what they wear is what many of us want when we are looking for apparel to buy.

Where did you get this?

I don’t remember. I know it was from a link posted here somewhere on Coogfans

It was probably Crawdad Apparel, they made some cool unlicensed, but very clear what IP they were doing UH and Astros stuff, they have not posted anything since 2021 and their website is gone, that was probably when UH hit them.

1 Like

Willie was wearing one the other day

I’ve seen different versions available. But beyond that no real clue.

The golf team is using them too. They get the best gear nobody sees.

1 Like

I have always loved the Golfing Cougar Logo.

1 Like

I like the small hand sign. Kinda understated.

No way reminiscent of cdh

1 Like