OT: You can choose 4 schools from the ACC to join the Big 12

As Astro on the Jetsons would say…ROTSA RUCK!!!

Meanwhile, the Florida AG has filed its own lawsuit against the ACC.

The ACC really needs to settle and let its biggest brands go.

The ACC definitely needs to take the L here.

Why would they? Would the Big 12 let KU, Utah and Houston go without a fight?

The Big 12 sure let UT and OU go without much of a fight!

UT and OU was the last two pieces of a drawn out bleeding out of the top brands in the Big 12 saying ‘Adios’

Nebraska (P2)
Colorado
Texas A&M (P2)
Missouri (P2)
Texas (P2)
Oklahoma (P2)

In the past they all said “Adios” mainly to get away from UT.

With the catalyst for “Adios saying” leaving itself, stability now reigns.

Doesn’t sound convincing by the reps in North Car.

Mentions having teams wait for more later bc things can change? They can a little but the Sec and Big will still get more money so Fla st etc aren’t waiting.North car and NCST want to stay together and worse case , they go big 12 for more money if the sec and big don’t want both of them.

Why?
espn and mad cows u located in Austin intent was to kill the BIG12. It was going to be “one less mouth to feed” for espn…even though the BIG12 has an espn/fox media contract…
Bowlsby fought back. What makes you think the acc won’t do the same?
You all seem so quick to think we will poach the acc. Again don’t be so sure.
If I were Yormark I would invite UConn to the BIG12 immediately as a basketball only school. This would add to our value instantly and send a message to Duke to come over as well. Demographics are changing. Young people love basketball for its non stop action. We have to cater to their wants.

ACC doesn’t have the expansion and backfill options available that the Big 12 had.

They will not successfully reload.

They will continue to exist but at a much lower value.

Like the Big East when many of its teams left.

1 Like

For years law has told us he is in law enforcement but no he has fooled us. In fact and clearly from his posts here is the real law…

Law enforcement?

Mmm….I guess if you consider prosecuting, then yes.

Not sure that counts though.

Really?

The Big 12 added 4 G5 Brands In Houston, Cincinnati, Central Florida and BYU- None are considered a Blue Blood or a New Blood in either Football or Basketball.

The ACC took a preemptive strike approach and have already ADDED 3 additions Before the rumored members leave

That included a G5 SMU and TWO P5 programs in CAL and Stanford

If they add a Blueblood Basketball School, or New Blood according to LAW, that is two-time defending champion in UCONN how is the ACC 4 pack of additions not better than the Big 12 4 pack of additions?

ACC= addec2 P5s + 1 G5 + 1 Blueblood from a Power Basketball Conference which MATTERS to the ACC

Big 12=added 4 G5s

1 Like

I’m afraid that any FOOTBALL brands the ACC could bring in at this point would NOT add value.

The same was true of the PAC when USC and UCLA departed. The PAC openly admitted that there were no viable expansion candidates.

The four teams the Big 12 added weren’t blue bloods, but they were certainly far better and far bigger brands than any currently available. They were essentially the only four G5 football schools with a legit argument for being P5.

So if the ACC, after losing four schools, tries to reload with historically BOTTOM FEEDER football programs like UConn, Tulane, etc…you can be sure of ONE thing, and ONE thing alone: their next TV deal will be FAR LOWER than the Big 12’s; whether they’ll even be considered a power conference at that point is debatable.

They’ll be like the Big East was. NO LONGER regarded as a power football conference, with a miniscule TV deal reflecting that.

Remember, UConn is NOT a basketball blue blood, and in football…their brand would be literally among the WEAKEST of them all. WON’T help the ACC at all to add them.

LAW…the ACC already expanded .

They can maybe add 1 or 2 more but they landed 2 P5 programs

1927, I agree with in almost all things expansion, but respectfully disagree on this. The big12 additions including the G5s are better than ACC additions plus a UCONN.

Football drives the bus and while the ACC’s additions are perceived stronger academically, they are inferior in football compared to big12 adds.

which is exactly i wanted NOTHING to do with adding Duke, UCONN, or Gonzaga to the Big 12 Conference.

Football drives the bus but in the ACC, basketball comes first.

That’s what many folks thought when OUT left the Big12. So was the new Big12 TV deal miniscule?

No it was not; and so it was much more than most people expected - as is likely to be the case with any new ACC deal - if in fact FSU and Clemson can ever even find a way and can afford to buy their way out of the ACC grant of rights contract.

It can be argued that when the 4 corners left the PAC it dropped to a G6 conference. That makes Calford G6 not P5. Additionally they were teams nobody else wanted, not even the B12. They were added for membership numbers not because they added any value to the conference.

I agree that Calford did not add any value and that nobody else really wanted them, but as far as considering them G5 I think they probably float along the lines of what’s considered

If Notre Dame were to join the B1G subject to Stanford also joining, I’m pretty sure Stanford would be in the B1G.

Yes, but it’s only that way because both ESPN and FOX are partnered with the Big 12.

ESPN would never in a hundred years pay the current Big 12 $30-40 Million a piece as an exclusive media rights partner. Same thing with the ACC without FSU, Clemson and UNC…

1 Like