OT: You can choose 4 schools from the Big12 to join the ACC

This would make just about as much sense to me as it’s mirroring thread.

Are we really trying to be the laughing stock of P4 football? I mean it seems that UH is pretty much near the bottom of the barrell in most any & every aspect of being a P4 FB program.

1 Like

And the person ranked last in medical school graduation is still called……doctor

3 Likes

We were better than Baylor. Where are they on your list?

Read a NC State forum a couple weeks ago, and they were expecting the ACC to back fill from the Big 12 if necessary. Their first choice (at least by many posters) were the four corner schools.

1 Like

Huh? Not sure why you would say that. Baylor has much better facilities, better fan support and a better overall record in FB over the past decade…and so clearly the UH football program has a lot of room for improvement in order to be able to rise up from the bottom 5% of all P4 football programs.

Knowing this, UH fans must come across as arrogant and/or delusional when we infer that UH (or our ‘current’ conference) would have much of a say in picking teams from an equal or superior conference. It seems to me, at a minimum, to be in poor taste and just not a good look overall for UH.

YES! Only delusional Big 12 fans think we are going to raid the ACC because they are fighting each other for a coveted spot…lol.

If they ONLY lose 2-4, there are dozens of paths to staying intact as a conference including adding Blueblood UCONN + 3 Big 12 schools…say, West Virginia + Cincinnati + Kansas

this is a confusing thread lol

also, comparing UH to Baylor, who had 20ish years of significantly more (millions more) athletic funding from their conference than UH is pretty unfair. I mean, come on bro

3 Likes

Despite all that funding, UH beat Baylor on the road and fired its coach. Baylor kept its head coach. UH has a lot of potential and you buy on a combo of current results and potential.

3 Likes

The ACC has SERIOUS contractual problems with ESPN as regards the future. We have a great set up for our future. ACC isnt going to be capable of raiding another P4 conference, unless that changes significantly. They are vulnerable and have schools looking to leave for a reason…They lose that 2 to 4, their value comes down significantly and their contractual offers, IF they get them, will reflect that.

Every school in the ACC not named Clemson, Florida St., North Carolina, Virginia and maybe even Duke, is scared to death of the dissolution of the ACC. Maybe the leftovers can join the PAC leftovers and form the Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts University Conference.

1 Like

None of us know what is going to happen- just a bumch of speculation

1 Like

The Big12 is no better off than the ACC since the media rights are not secured beyond another 3-5 years in either case. Wild speculation rules the day.

1 Like

espn owns the acc media rights.
espn and fox own the BIG 12 media rights.
Is espn for sale? Yes
Did espn try to kill the BIG 12? Yes
We have to be ready for every scenario.

We are relatively secure for 5 years. The ACC is worried about making it past next year.

1 Like

I would honestly re-phrase your argument.

It’s more so that ESPN favored saving the PAC12 at the expense of the Big 12.
I wouldn’t say that ESPN wanted to “kill” the Big 12.

However, the PAC12’s ego got in their own way, and ESPN didn’t even offer them anything close to what they actually wanted in terms of payout.

It was either the PAC-12 or the Big 12… and at the time, it was fairly simple. The PAC-12 was a more valuable conference than Big 12 without OU/UT

Not quite and quite the contrary. espn intent was indeed t kill the BIG 12. Bowlsby found out and went after espn. He immediately counter and threatened to expose espn. He won. That is why we are in a Power Conference. The BIG 12 would dead right now if Bowlsby had not intervene. You only have to look back at the SWC.
Was was responsible for the SWC demise?
Who bolted to the sec when no one expected them to do so?
You know both answers. That is why I won’t discount espn helping the acc with BIG 12 schools if four or so acc blue bloods depart. Why you may ask? It eliminates the BIG 12, keep the Southwest market and reinforces the East coast market.
We know one thing for certain when it comes to espn. Expect the unexpected.
Full disclosure: I pray that it does not happen.

I’ll give you ESPN isn’t to be trusted and watch your back with the mouse he might be nibbling on your cheese while you’re not looking