Other Games March 11-17 (Championship Week 2)

I was thinking the same thing. Would love to have South Carolina in our bracket too, they most likely will be over seeded. Don’t want Michigan St. or Gonzaga as they will probably be under seeded.

1 Like

Michigan St is 1-7 in Q1 games away from home, UH is 9-3. Now MSU’s 1 win was a blowout vs Baylor in Detroit (I think that’s where it was), which was very impressive but seems like a big time outlier… Overall MSU is 3-8 Q1 8-13 Q1+Q2. Their KenPom, T-Rank is still really good 19/21. But that is a lot based on pre-conference.

Their rank from 1/1/2024 to today is 31. If you look at the T-Rank vs top 75 teams since 1/1/2024 they drop to 52. UH is #2 in both those.

No game is gonna be easy, but I’m leaning towards an early exit for MSU.

Yes, but most have them as a 9 seed. Their metrics say they are better than that. So I would prefer a true 9 seed in second round.

Their metrics, KenPom, KPI, EvanMiya, etc… are great, it just doesn’t jive with their performance, especially as of late.

FWIW, here are the bracket matrix teams around the 8/9 line.

2 Likes

18-13 is the bare minimum record a power team can have and still make it so they’ll be lucky to be a 9.

my guess is they face virginia in dayton

1 Like

UCF outscoring OSU 18-3 in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Wow, UCF up 62-38!

UCF could make some noise in this tournament.

I’m at T-Mobile arena now watching UCF. They are playing well and have been for a while now. Not sure if to place updates on this site or The BIG12 Tourney site.

3 Likes

Looking forward to SMC vs Gonzaga at 8pm for the WCC champ

3 Likes

Lamar has had a bit of a resurgence after many years of poor play. They gave McNeese a good battle in Beaumont, but it’s asking a lot for them to hang with them in Lake Charles.

And ehog, I also hope Minnesota beats Michigan State!

Wtf happened to miami.

St Mary’s - Gonzaga going to the wire.

Ive seen some projections Gonzaga is gonna be a 7 seed/8 seed. Are they dangerous?

2 of 11 from 3pt, as a team.

7 man rotation, 3 guards, 4 bigs.

Gonzaga has talent but something about this team seems off compared to there past teams

3 Likes

@Jcoop9 these guys had Gonzaga a 6 seed.

Maybe they’ll slide to a 7 seed after tonight.

For us, I really dont wanna see Florida as an 8 seed. (Clayton Jr, Pullin, Richard, Samuel).

2 Likes

I agree Fla would be a tough 8 seed.They have good size and Clayton Jr is a tough cover

1 Like

Naturally we would get arguably the best 16 seed again (if that projection happens). “Why couldn’t we draw Wagner?” is what I would say.

Not that I don’t think we’d blitz them by at least 20.

They just don’t have the same level of talent that they have had in past seasons. Their guards are nothing special and they mainly use a 3 big lineup.