Other Games March 11-17 (Championship Week 2)

Yeah baby!!!

2 Likes

Towson up 4 over Charleston with under 5 minutes left.

JMU may be the most picked 12 seed in a long time

2 Likes

1 Like

God I hope Minnesota beats Michigan state

6 Likes

Huge game tomorrow

1 Like

And a home game for McNeese

McNeese will be so dangerous if they get in. They have wins at Michigan and VCU by 11, at UAB by 21 and over a decent UT-Martin team (for a mid-major) by 11.

I know all of their losses are bad but all they do is win for the most part. Glad we don’t have to worry about them in the early rounds, as we wouldn’t see them until the elite 8, unless they make it to a 13-seed, then we could see them as early as the Sweet 16 (granted, that’s where most Cinderellas lose their glass slipper).

1 Like

lol.

Of course you’re worried about McNeese.

1 Like

Nuisance.

Why wouldn’t I be? You’re acting like I’m worried at all about teams like Longwood or whoever comes out of the MEAC or SWAC. McNeese has beaten most teams they’ve played this season that have a pulse and by double digits.

They’re also capable of losing to bad teams as well and I’d certainly favor us to beat them by 15+ but you never know, this is March. Didn’t we struggle with 16-seed Northern Kentucky last year? Didn’t St. Peter’s take down Kentucky and go to the Elite 8? Didn’t Princeton go to the Sweet 16 last year with the same exact seed as the latter? You can’t just dismiss a team because they come from a crap conference and are toward the bottom of the bracket. With rare exception, most teams that reach the Tournament can be competitive, though I doubt we get a team with any sort of chance against us. Northern Kentucky was very underseeded last year and combined with our major injury, it really showed in our game against them.

EDIT: And I wouldn’t say I’m worried about them so much as having a healthy respect for them. You can believe in your team while having a healthy respect for your opponent. I, in contrast, have no respect for any 16-seed we’re probable to play.

1 Like

Having McNeese in our regional could actually be a blessing. I think theyre capable of knocking off a 4/5 seed and making our path to the E8 even easier.

3 Likes

Again, it’s not last year and struggled is a strong word to use in a game we never trailed in during the second half and won by 11.

McNeese has 0 quad one wins. Their best win was against VCU who is 76 in the NET. We have 17 wins against net top 70.

McNeese’s losses are to Western Carolina, Southeast Louisiana, and Louisiana Tech.

Additionally we have two common opponents; Texas State and Aggy Islanders. We won those games by a combined 67. They won by a combined 19 and that’s including two games vs Corpus.

Can anything happen? Sure. Do you honestly think this team loses to McNeese?

Enjoy that licorice.

1 Like

Just to play devils advocate, how many Q1 wins did UMBC or Farleigh Dickinson have before they pulled their upsets? Also that VCU win was right on the cusp of being a Q1 win. The fact that they were able to pull that win in their first game under a new coach (who wasn’t even allowed to coach in game) shows they’re dangerous. As is any team that’s good enough to make the tourney.

4 Likes

VCU started the season without their senior PG and lost to Norfolk State in addition to McNeese. Guy averages 11 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and shoots 41% from the field.

Could we lose to McNeese? It’s possible but so is winning the power ball. But to type out you are worried about McNeese in a mock bracket is absurd.

It’s far more likely that we could lose to McNeese than any of us winning Powerball. That comparison doesn’t work, LOL. Teams worse than McNeese have pulled major upsets in the Tournament, as hinted at in a recent post. As he just implied, if not even the best team from the worst conference can upset a 1-seed with the soon-to-be 2-time national player of the year as the shortest team in the country, then anyone can be had.

I also believe I said I think and I would expect to beat them by 15+. LOL, I don’t know what’s so hard about saying never say never in even a reasonable context, you’re acting like I’m saying I have a fear or even healthy respect for a team such as Longwood, Merrimack or Norfolk State or something. Those are definitely “so you’re telling there’s a chance” from Dumb and Dumber level chances.

1 Like

It’s called Madness for a reason.

Who else is going w MWC as 2nd watch this year ?

“Mountain West Tournament
Breakdown: If you enjoy watching fun college basketball, this one is for you”