Our 2020 Roster

I need some help here.

Looks like we have 22 Seniors this year, but 4 are redshirting. Net loss of 18.

We appear to have 8 High School recruits. Net Loss of 10.

Do we have 10 Transfers who will become eligible in 2020?

In other words how many more scholarships do we have for High School recruits?

hmm…

18 player recruiting class. Still need 10 more spots to fill :rage::grimacing::grimacing:

How many transfers will be eligible in 2020?

Who are they?

Thabo is a pure NB. Honey badger comes to mind. With Moore, Stuard and Mwaniki we’ll have a good rotation there.

1 Like

Ooooo, we have a 4 star and a 5 star on the roster next year. We can take on Bama now.

4 Likes

I am going to ignore the other noise in this thread. Do these transfers all have 2 or more years of eligibility remaining? If that info is posted somewhere, can you point me to it?

1 Like

I have included it as part of the 2019 Redshirt Tracker thread, but here is the info:

LB Eyabi Anoma, Alabama, 3 years remaining
WR Bryson Jackson, TCU, 3 years remaining
CB/KR/PR Marcus Jones, Troy, 2 years remaining
S Hasaan Hypolite, Colorado, 3 years remaining
CB Kelvin Clemmons, Minnesota, 2 years remaining
S Thabo Mwaniki, Oklahoma State, 2 years remaining

7 Likes

Damn Applewhite was a bad hire.

Ok. I’m done I just needed to get that out today. Lol

6 Likes

Nice. Thanks!

I agree, no joke :expressionless:

Excellent!

With these 7 and with 8 High School recruits that gets us to 15 for 2020.

We might have only 3 or so Schollys left. Hope that they all go to High Schoolers.

1 Like

2020 transfers:

3 Likes

Those counted for this years class

Aha! Did not know all these guys are actually 2019 recruits.

Then we have only 8 announced recruits for 2020.

I thus view this as very concerning. VERY.

1 Like

Having 25 in a class isn’t always needed. We’re red shirting some seniors, and CDH needs to make sure he recruits positions of need as opposed to just signing a bunch of random positions. It’s also still early even with the early signing period. Let the coaches not rush their evals, HS football season is still going.

With guys like Hornsby and Achane on the fence, if they sign, it doesn’t matter who we sign in the remainder of this recruiting cycle; with those two, we are going to run through this conference for at least 3 years. lol

1 Like

Achane ain’t redshirting. He a bad man

You do know the other teams give scholarships too?

2 Likes

Lol

Yes, I’m familiar with that recycled line that fails to take into consideration the caliber in which said scholarship players are. But let’s not kid ourselves here; no one is saying that “Coog players receive scholarships too” when we’re going up against teams like Cincy, UCF, Memphis or anyone else on our schedule that are favored against us. The opponents’ optimistic fans and our pessimistic fans predict us to lose based on recruiting ratings and box score browsing. That will be no different if these two sign; with the defense being extremely loaded, and the talent that these two possess, we would be favorites in a lot of games.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you don’t know who Hornsby and Achane are, they’re Ed Oliver caliber players, and we’d have 3 on the roster next year with the Alabama transfer!

3 Likes