Our office will soon begin prosecuting…

……the case that I am sure you are all hearing about from Brenham today.

2 Likes

If i’m out of line just let me know. I’m wondering if this will be a capital case.

Based on the laws on the books, and now with the fatality, it certainly could be.

I would imagine it just all comes down to how much extra work the DA wants to put in to make it capital vs. the open and shut nature of the case to plead him to life or 2nd degree murder. Because unless it comes out this guy has syphilis brain rot, or some other very major mitigating circumstance this is a pretty high profile layup.

thanks

Best of luck with this. May you be blessed with an abundance of discernment.

1 Like

As an update, I just had to sign a ton of subpoenas to get medical records from all the people injured.

Yikes.

Print it.

I have to pass on some unfortunate news.

We received word last night that a second victim in this incident has died.

:sleepy: For crimes like this we need to bring back public hanging.

Is this guy being charged with First Degree Murder?

It will be a top end charge, I don’t know if it’s first degree or capitol murder these days. Either way the punishment options are the same life w/o parole or death if convicted.

We are still considering what to charge.

For now, he’s been charged with Felony Murder, Agg. Assault with Deadly Weapon on a public servant, several counts of Agg Assault Deadly Weapon, Evading Arrest/Detention with a Vehicle, Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle, and Criminal Mischief.

There are still discussions ongoing. We will determine what to present to the Grand Jury later. The matter is fluid.

As of this weekend, two persons have died, and a third has lost a leg, together with other people who were injured in various other ways.

STAY TUNED!!!