"Our Time will Come."

Believe that Coach!

I feel for the players, particularly Mr. Shead because he did not get to go out on his shield.

I hope everyone that wants to come back, comes back ,and I think we should all honor that commitment. All indications are that these young men are all tremendous people, and we know that they are representing our University with great honor and respect.

I can honestly say that these are the most amazing years I have every had as a Cougar fan. As much fun as I had in my late teens and twenties, getting blasted at Dana Dimel tailgates with all my friends (and some of the players lol), as an older (partially wiser) man, the fact that I have been able to share this program, and through this program our whole University with my two boys has been one of the true joys of my life. I have no doubt that both of my boys will attend UH and I have no doubt that we will continue to follow this program wherever it goes. These student athletes and our Hall of Fame worthy coach, are the best marketing tool our University has ever had. They epitomize everything you need in life: hard work, dealing with adversity, getting along with and thriving with people of all backgrounds, and putting others before yourself. If we never have a banner to hang in Fertitta, I’ll live because they carry themselves and act like champions.

I completely understand if men who have their degree want to move on with their lives. As I mentioned earlier, I think all these guys have honored our University. I hope everyone that wants to come back is back and either way, I am certain that Coach Sampson will have us ready to defend our conference title next season. What a season! Proud of you Coogs!

30 Likes

I’ve been saying our time will come since phi slama Jama, 40 years, im starting to doubt it we seem to be cursed with bad luck now injuries every year

1 Like

We progress each year. We get better every year. It’s a spiraling upward progression with core players overlapping their time here. In a single game single elimination tournament, anything can happen.

Still, we outplay our talent.

The talking heads called us totally healthy when Roberts was back.

We know the reality of what we lost regarding the talent we anticipated having throughout the season.

Our time will indeed come.

4 Likes

Great post, Matt. I agree wholeheartedly. I was incredibly proud of the effort last night from a crippled team that had lost its all-everything player. We will be back.

4 Likes

Savior every moment with your children. I grew up going to the games with my dad and have lasting memories of being a child holding his hand on the way out of the Dome and Hofheinz. As he has gotten older and not able to attend or recollect the games I think about him all the time and sorely miss the conversations we had after the games.

I am thankful for what Sampson has built and the character of this program.

4 Likes

Great post Russell , my dad is in a nursing home in the last stage of his time on this earth, I’ve been having the same type thoughts and knowing what I’m fixing to lose, tears in my eyes as I type this

1 Like