“Our World Is Poised for Transformation”: Jeff Bezos Pledges $60 Million to Build a Plant-Forward Food System | VegNews

I want to eat foods that actually move around outside. I love organic food. Food coming out from a lab?
No thank you. I could care less if it taste close to the the same. Food is like sex. Do I want an highly advanced sex doll or the real thing? Seriously?
Farts emission? Big freaking deal. The planet adjusts itself over time. Cows emmision. What a bunch of baloney.
Banning beef is an agends.

1 Like

None of us want to know your answer to that question. TMI. Lol

2 Likes

Why are we dismissing highly advanced sex dolls, out of hand? They don’t exist, and they may be amazing.

Such luddites…

2 Likes

Damn, talk about hii-jacking a thread :rofl:

1 Like

Meanwhile, at Bezos’s factory…

1 Like

How Many Trees Are in the United States? 6 Shocking Stats.

1 Like

But wait I thought we were losing trees left and right and only to be replaced by baaaad polluting stuff. Can’t be true.

What about the rest of the world, Chris? Do you know? (I don’t)

Lots of nuance and context lost if you just focus on one simple stat like that.

When U.S. and E.U. put in place measures to reduce cows letting off some air we have a problem. Farmers have been attacked continously on both sides of the Atlantic for stupid reasons. Farmers work seven days a week. Their animals do not take days off unlike these idiots making these rules. bezos can do whatever he wants to do with his $B’s. We certainly do not want krickets imposed on us.
A big steak with a sprinkle of blue cheeze, a hint of garlic, some nice baked potatoes, fresh lettuce iceberg lettuce with a decadent blue cheeze dressing, some truffle bacon, a full bodied Cab, a charming waitress, good friends, can’t go wring with this picture.
Crickets with fake blue cheese and a glass of vinagar…I’ll take the steak any day.
Should we talk about seafood?

These are so cute.

Has that happened?

Is anyone imposing cricket based protein on anyone?

1 Like

Is saying cows make a disturbing amount of methane attacking farmers?

Saying farmers make a disturbing amount of methane might be an attack, but that’s not what’s being said.

1 Like

Nobody is attacking farmers that’s like saying because cars cause harmful emissions, you’re attacking auto mechanic’s who keep them running

1 Like

If I say that about my uncle, is that attacking my uncle? Or just suggesting he’s full of beans?

Denying a problem exists doesn’t often help solve it.

This is probably the best path…

“We have developed a strategy that makes cows burp and fart less methane emissions,” he said. “So the additive is included into the cow feed and we have now been able, in several commercial pilot projects, to reduce 80% of emissions per day that the cows emit, which is of course making a big positive impact on climate change and agriculture.”

2 Likes

I wonder if that makes the feed any more expensive.

Yes, according to the article. It’s likely something governments would have to subsidize. If those results are legit, I wouldn’t complain about it.

1 Like

Seriously, those are huge numbers they’re claiming. I’m thinking (could be wrong and I’ve not looked for verification yet) this could give a greater reduction than any industrial restrictions could ever give.

I see it mentioned being feed to dairy cattle. I wonder for beef cattle if it imparts
a certain flavor to the meat ? We always raised our own beef and grain fed beef
is the only thing I like. Grass fed beef is not to my liking at all. Seaweed feed beef may
give us a new taste too.

3 Likes