Overtime-ball first

Why did we elect to take the ball first in OT?

1 Like

Haven’t seen DH’s response but I’d think to take the momentum away from UTSA after their drive.

3 Likes

Could been that the defense got gashed on that last drive, so send out the offense to change the momentum

3 Likes

As stated earlier on another stream, the defense had just given up way too much real estate in just a few seconds. To give them a few to rest and recuperate for a few, decided to put the O out there first . . . . . I think this makes sense to me . . . . .

5 Likes

Is this speculation or did CDH say something post game?

It ended up working as we held them to a field to a field goal…

1 Like

The title of this article says it explains why, but the article doesn’t explain the strategy.

2 Likes

I think this is what they were thinking.

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1566625681064312832?s=21&t=emsWNmvXPvUldgVoR7LafQ

15 Likes

Going 1st helped Bryant lose to FIU on Thursday. FIU won the toss and chose to go 2nd. Bryant scores a TD and kicks the XP. FIU responds with a TD and goes for 2 and makes it to win. I doubt FIU goes for 2 if they have the ball 1st

Wow! That thread is pretty petty between two professionals that cover the Coogs.

Pretty obvious that JD doesn’t get along with Paper City Mag and Sellers. Anyone know if Baldwin and Sellers get along? That will give us a good idea of where the problem is…

1 Like

Yeah, Baldwin and Duarte had a little tiff last basketball season on Twitter

Not sure why people dont like Joseph. Seems like a decent guy.

1 Like

Stuff happens in all Industries when you have work so close together. I have seen JD & Chris Baldwin- Paper City Mag retweet ea other tweets recently so hopefully they have patched thgs up n can work side/side as Professionals.

That’s kind of misleading though. Conventional wisdom is you kick the extra point instead of go for two.

However, I think going second is more a psychological thing than strategic. Yes, you may know what you have to do but so does the defense. If I were on defense I’d sure like to know if the other teams needs a TD to stay in the game. Seems like it helps your secondary to go first.

Joe is condescending. That is why.

3 Likes

Moneyball

1 Like

You guys really need to let this go. We won.

3 Likes

Just curious….wanting to understand the game and strategy better. Never seen that approach before.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1566825257297657861?s=21&t=amxqpjMxpgz7zXFlLitRlw

9 Likes

Good for him.

4 Likes