Patrick Paul

To the Dolphins.

12 Likes

Going to south beach, not bad!

4 Likes

Aspires to become the President of Nigeria.

4 Likes

He may just do that, seems he got family history. Wish all the best in his ambitions. Be nice to have a President of Nigeria, being educated at The the “University of Houston” since Nigeria one day is projected and is considered a major power ( projected to be possible superpower one day in a multi polar world) on the African continent with the most population

Patrick Paul (born November 1, 2001) is an American football offensive tackle. He played college football at Houston, earning all-conference honors in 2023. He is the grandson of the former Nigerian President Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi

10 Likes

A great Cougar and a great person! Eat ‘em up Patrick

6 Likes
2 Likes

He’s an impressive young man. Hope he does well. Dolphins got a steal.

6 Likes

Patrick Paul the most interesting back story in the draft, and we had no idea.

5 Likes

Houston has always had a very strong connection to Nigeria and especially Lagos due to the energy/oil industry.

I have nothng but nice things to say about the Nigerian Americans I have met in Houston and I’m certain Patrick Paul will represent our University very well

12 Likes

Don’t know if you follow the NFL, but there was a guy who played for the Giants a few years back, Mathias Kiwanuka. His Grandfather was the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Uganda. He was executed by Idi Amin.

Interesting Saban analysis. He basically said that Patrick is good with possibility of being great
Keep in mind that he was picked in the second round. It speaks greatly on how the previous “regime” did not fully develop him. Patrick has the tools to be a HOF. I can’t wait to see how he develops with the Dolphins.

7 Likes

Yep. In my line of work, some of the smartest and most accomplished people I have met are Africans, especially Nigerians, Ghanians and Cameroonians.

1 Like

For guys like Patrick Paul, who didn’t develop to his full potential in his 4 yrs here at UH, I always wonder
was it the OL Coach’s fault or CDH?

Keep in mind that Paul had 2 OL coaches (Brandon Jones & Naghavi) while he was here.

1 Like

One player drafted from UH. That tells us what a poor job the previous coach did.

9 Likes

The damage that CDH did

2 Likes