Payton Turner - 1st round pick by New Orleans Saints

I’m curious …

How does UH rank in total 1st round picks, over the last 10 years, compared to the other in state schools- UT, TAMU, TCU, Baylor, TT, etc.?

We have to really highlight this as a recruiting plus!

4 Likes

Haven’t we sent a player, even multiple players to the NFL every year for quite a while now? Especially on defense? That’s something to put out there too.

4 Likes

today, I shall give all my UT and A&M friends hell.

UH Football rules Texas! lol

4 Likes

Outstanding Mr. Payton Turner. Hard work, dedication, sacrifice, being positive no matter what the obstacle and faith (for the ones that believe) always pays off. Now get back to work Mr. Turner.

4 Likes

But according to texas monthly he wasn’t even in the top 3 players from Texas and wouldn’t go in the 1st or 2nd round.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/2021nfl-draft-texas-prospects/amp/

2 Likes

Joprior23 had the post of the week at:

10 Likes

Recruiting services are punching air right now! :joy:

3 Likes

Looks like Texas Monthly needs to up their scouting budget. :smirk:

2 Likes

Texas Monthly never gives Houston any love. All their love goes to Dallas and Austin

3 Likes

Hayden came in under Sumlin, but may have been recruited by Levine.

1 Like

And UH basketball owns Texas!

1 Like

Once again, I will look for how many Big 12 had drafted, vs the AAC.

Texas kids got drafted just not from Texas schools.

This draft pick is huge for us. We took a 2 star and made him a 1st rnd pick. There isn’t a defensive lineman in Texas that won’t take notice of that.

That’s a big deal.

9 Likes

Big 12 == zero

AAC == 3

What does it say when a 2-star athlete at a G5 school out performs
5-star athletes at P5 schools?

7 Likes

Aside from that whole Baylor thing….

1 Like

Baylor has bragging rights for now

So just wondering how the New Orleans folks and media newspapers rated the pic of Turner last night others seem to think that they really reached for him.

Go to NOLA.com for a lot of coverage.

Landry (610 radio) had the nerve to call him Payton Tucker today. The arrogance of those t-sips.

The longhorns last first round draft pick was 2015.

We have had three since their last one

a&M has had two since 2015.

3 Likes