Play Robbie Armbrester

… end of the bench be like…

8 Likes

Why don’t you just go out to UH and tell CKS what he needs to do. Obviously he would benefit from your superior knowledge of the players on his team.

2 Likes

David, just a food for thought. We kinda have a set rule on here, that we try not to be directly critical of UH Athletes by name like u just did. Parents of said Athletes can pay site a visit, etc.
I’m no mod or what’s allowed or judge but it doesn’t look good. He’s a great Student/Athlete. N as CKS said we recruited him to come on board n be member of team as a Walk-On. That’s what Coach thks of him. J/S. Welcome in.

7 Likes

Mike you watch the games like me all I said was Robbie before Elvin 6’4 220 5’9 160

You said more than that unfortunately. Or all would have been good. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Jess so you weren’t making rude or “hurtful” comments during the dickey years or the early Sampson years you must be new welcome

I joined this forum in 2016. Looks like u joined last month. Welcome. N Coaches are all bets off on being criticized. Haven’t you seen the last 2 yrs b4 this year what went on over at the Football side. You definitely must be new then. It’s all good. Do what u need to do, I was just more giving u a heads up when it comes to the S/A side of thgs. Good evening.

And I appreciate that

Np. We are all #GoCoogs

Why don’t you quit playing the “I’m superior part”. The poster is not and has not been critical of CKS in any way, simply discussing the matter. Are you monitoring and laying the same critique of others who discuss any type of player personnel matters? Then you must be very busy with nothing else to do as the football board is just rife with the same type of discussion.

There’s a certain type of man who yells, “Get off my yard!”, and in this case I know it fits.

1 Like

I’m not playing the “I’m superior part” I’m playing the “I support CKS 100%” part and will continue to do so. I don’t have a man crush on any particular player, I am for whatever is best for the team as a whole and I am convinced that CKS knows what that is and will do what gives us the best chance for winning.

If he puts in Ryan over Robbie, I will support that. If he puts in Robbie over Ryan, I will support that as well. We have had walk-ons step up in the past and I hope that could continue in the future. So far, I have seen nothing from Ryan to indicate he could end up like Wes Van Beck (who became one of my favorite players under CKS) but I just haven’t had much of a sample of him. The one thing Ryan has going for him is this is his second year in the CKS culture.

From what I’ve seen so far, Armbrester has not looked up to speed yet and hasn’t done anything that tells me he should be put in at this point. But again, I haven’t had much of a sample on him either. He may well bloom into a great player, but he is only a freshman and is still trying to adjust to big time college level play. CKS says Robbie isn’t a guard, although he is listed as a guard on the roster which surprised me. When a kid gets to UH, it doesn’t matter what he did in high school, it is what he does in practice here and CKS watches them every day.

You and I seem to have a different idea of who should play. I myself am not qualified to be an evaluator of talent; so as not to look foolish, I will never second guess what CKS decides. It’s really that simple.

BTW, Ryan is listed at 6-0 and 165 on the UH roster.

1 Like

If Elvin is in the rotation or playing significant minutes we are really in trouble.

Let’s just hope Jamal is able to come back soon.

5 Likes

Elvin won’t be in the rotation unless Moore, Edwards, Walker or White goes down.

Which, at this point, seems more likely to happen than everybody staying healthy.

Time to let the bigs go to work until Shead comes back.

1 Like

Kyler, Taze and Ramon are going to have to hit some treys to open the inside

4 Likes

I’ve always stayed and still stand by my statement we needed a dominant big center under the basket, now we can see why. Carlton has been a god send, his presence for blocking shots, scoring etc opens up things for our 3 pt game. People kept saying it was better to have 3 pt sharp shooters on the outside and not so much a big 5 position player and CKS just likes the 3 pt style game better. I hope we continue to recruit bigs, 6’10 or taller, develop them into monsters under the basket. With a dominant center I still think we have a better shot at a Natty

6 Likes

I’ll throw Fabian on that list, too… Edwards is going to shoot 10+ a game until Shead is back… And maybe after he returns, too.

If Fabian hits one of his first two 3 point shot attempts he’ll keep shooting them all game… If he misses his first two he gets very hesitant; needs to keep shooting at this point.

1 Like

If he could play defense up to the level of the rest of the team he would have gotten minutes against Tulsa. Maybe something clicks nad he improves soon and we see him more, but a constant w CKS is that if you rebound and are solid on D, you get minutes.

2 Likes

Ok. You just expressed your opinion as to who should play … and others can’t do that? without you playing the “trust in CKS without any discussion” card? Geez.

Show me where the others don’t “support CKS 100%” as you do from high aloft.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1499547409134891010?s=20&t=nvHt3HjehJG4_VJGEFZa_w

See, we had it right about Robbie :wink:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1499562672567771137?s=20&t=nvHt3HjehJG4_VJGEFZa_w

Definitely seemed bouncy tonight.

Hey, if we’re in deep foul trouble, Like Edwards 2 fouls, Ramon with 2 in the 1st half, i could see Robbie come in to just defend.