Please delete or move to Satellite

The ignore feature adds quality time by way of subtraction.

Like making gumbo. Less is more. Just saying and leave it at that.

4 Likes

Too bad Cougar King isn’t around anymore to use this on

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again.

I don’t ignore anybody, and I consider the practice to be both chicken and immature.

It means that either a) you are afraid of what someone else has to say because it might cause you to question whether what you believe is correct, b) you are thin skinned and can’t take what someone else has to say, or c) you are intolerant of what others might want to say or express/intolerant of differing opinions, or if nothing else, can’t offer up convincing counter opinions.

In the end…putting someone on ignore is a lot like when you were a kid and you decided to give someone the “silent” treatment. VERY childish. You’ll never see me do it!

1 Like

Lots of muting how-to info in this thread

Can someone tell me what the first post says in this thread?

1 Like

You can ignore a user and never see their posts again
(But don’t ask me how to do it because I forget where to go in settings)

1 Like

I agree with Law.

Do not ignore anyone. Simply choose to read or not to read.

Not rocket science.

2 Likes

Where in the hell is Cougar King?

LOL. I guess Ryon feels for some reason that posters are muting him.

Don’t know of any that are.

In the end, NO ONE can ignore me!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You let that man live rent-free in your head after all these years. Typical PIKE.

1 Like

PiKapp is not Pike. Pi Kappa Alpha is.

Or d) you identified that someone rarely ever posts anything of substance and you’ve decided to use the feature to make reading the site easier.

2 Likes

I never view other posters in such a way.

I always keep an open mind and listen.

It’s the only way to learn.

Exactly, lock this stupid thread and delete it. If mods want to clean up unsuccessful threads, have at it. I mean you are scrolling through the football section during offseason expecting groundbreaking thread posts. Then you make this dumbass thread

At the very least move it to satellite, I apologize, but these kinds of threads where people complain about other posters is beyond annoying to me. Send some one a PM if you have a problem with their posts. Don’t perpetuate this bs here, please.

I’ve got two people on ignore. One who got weirdly obsessed with me and would derail any thread I posted in by coming at me with some misquote from years prior. Found it creepy and annoying so after a couple years of putting up with it I put him on ignore. The other was a guy who was just super negative about Dana several years back. Didn’t really disagree with what the guy was saying but he was super combative with people and would constantly be in long back and forths. I put him on ignore not because I couldn’t handle his viewpoints but because I’d read everything he’d had to say 100 times already and he didn’t seem to want to say anything new. Putting him on ignore made the site more readable. Again that’s two people over several years but in both cases using the ignore feature greatly improved my enjoyment of the site.

2 Likes

Hmmm…

To each his own I guess.

There are posters that have annoyed the heck out of me, especially on the original Politics Board.

Guess what?

I still listened to them and engaged them…even though a few were straight up insulting at times.

Was usually able to hold my own.

Never needed to “ignore” anybody.

Believe it or not folks, this works more times than not. I have hashed out a misunderstanding before with someone you’d think we really did not like each other.

Thank you for clarifying lol

1 Like