Portal only thread?

Would someone create an official portal thread for Coogs leaving and portal guys coming? Trying to piece together the different bits and posts from multiple threads is baffling. One on the football board and one on the basketball board would be great.

2 Likes

Just edit the title to something like 2024 Football Portal Thread. But new threads will still proliferate.

I meant a chart that is kept up to date with just who’s going and who’s coming, not a running thread with the gazillion comments.

2 Likes

I did few days ago, but it doesn’t matter. People lije to own their own when a new Portal entry occurs.

That is a great idea. Maybe an excel spreadsheet type would bring clarity. Let’s do it.

Looks like quite the flurry of Coogs in the portal:

Logan Compton TE
Aubrey Smith LB
MHP WR
Jalyn Stanford S
Carson Herman TE
Justice Ugo S
Michael Patterson CB
CJ Nelson WR
Treylin Payne LB
Tevin Shaw IOL
Sam Brown WR
Lucas Coley QB
Brandon Campbell RB

2 Likes

No such thing as bad publicity, right? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t know enough about these players to know where they should on the depth chart. But to be a good team in the NIL era, you need players to leave that aren’t in your two deep so you can replace them with upgrades and fill needs in the portal. We will have to see who Fritz replaces these guys with.

1 Like

I follow UH Football pretty closely and I don’t know who most of these portal guys are.

4 Likes

Just remember. There were Coogfans last year crushing Deion for forcing guys out. Fritz is doing the same thing.

4 Likes

I do know they are desperate for NIL money to bring some guys in

NIL is king. Whoever has NIL funds is getting the players needed to win.

That’s because prime was doing it because of arrogance and he only wanted people that wanted that NIL money. CWF is doing it to build culture and wants to be a Coog.

Huge difference.

2 Likes

Jeez. People are throwing that NIL money around to get all these players.

lol

IMG_5236

Aubrey Smith is the best player on that list … trust Wille!!

1 Like

These portal numbers are happening at a ton of programs. This is especially true with a new HC.

1 Like

Yeah me too. I was like “who are these guys? I don’t remember see them play.”

It’s just the way it is now.

Scobel decommitts from Baylor.
Headed to Okie St.

Not good. Been good one for Coogs

1 Like