Potential Grad Transfers and regular transfers

The list of schools that offered 4 star Harvey is Very impressive lead by Duke. Would be a very nice pick up. great size for a guard.

Cheatham sounds tailor-made for our system.

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Aggies-basketball-recruiting-PF-Tyreek-Smith-discusses-release-from-AM-future-plans-130824596/

1 Like

Jake ‏Verified account @ jakeweingarten 15h15 hours ago

Houston, Oregon, Kansas State, Howard, and Ole Miss, among those that have already reached out to Tyreek Smith, a source told Stockrisers.

3 Likes

That would be a huge get for UH. A talent like this is what we were missing inside against Kentucky. Put him down low with Gresham or White and would be a major improvement.

1 Like

Since this thread has become about transfers in general and not just grad transfers, here’s another interesting name, especially in light of the guard conversation on the starting rotation thread.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1113488757842415618

Had 13p, 5a, 3r against us this year. 6’4", 205lb guard.

2 Likes

Whoever is coming better sign quickly. We have a few spots and a lot of interest.

1 Like

my top 3 for the 2 spots would be

• Ledee- sit one play 3 - great chance to land… (us or tcu…and tcu could lose its head coach)
  • Smith- recruit- good chance to land
  • Harvey- sit one play 2 - in the conversation

others in the mix as of now

• Cheatham - fiu grad transfer
  • Cameron Tyson- idahoo transfer, sit 1 play 3
1 Like

can we afford to have multiple sitters next year?

yes, we expect everyone on roster to contribute next year…that’s 11 players, we aren’t playing 13

we had multiple sitters the last 2 seasons

1 Like

Noooooo… Need a big!

Would love to have Cheetham.
The PF from a&m would be great to finish the class.
If we want a 3rd maybe we can convince a guy like DJ who would have to sit anyway to enroll in the fall so he will count against the next class?

Cheetham & Smith sounds fine.

DJ Harvey is nice too. Can’t go wrong.

we said the same thing last season and didnt add a big…

I’m afraid that CKS goes small and starts White & Gorham. They’re both 6’7 only.

So what is the sit one play 2, sit one play 3 chatter? If we have transfers etc., then not everyone will be available…or am i being pesikmistic???

1 Like

Good one!

This whole winning and resigning your elite level coach thing is so new to me that I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around good basketball talent wanting to come here. Not that I don’t want to get used to it, but it may take a while.

Adam Jardy ‏Verified account @ AdamJardy Mar 24

Ohio State’s Jaedon LeDee and Houston 's Cedrick Alley Jr., former AAU teammates in Houston , just exchanged some quick pleasantries at midcourt during pregame warmups.

So our staring lineup would be 6’5” 6’5” 6’5” 6’7” 6’7”. Not too small if you ask me