6 Likes

Practice Wars!! I love it.

Great article.

2 Likes

2 big thumbs up!

2 Likes

Man that was a good article.

3 Likes

Chris Baldwin always treats UH very well.

2 Likes

The article reminds me of what one of the starters on Phi Slama Jama once said, “Sometimes our hardest games are in practice.” Going against Benny Anders, David Rose, Gary Orsak, Eric Dickens, Bryan Williams, Renaldo Thomas, and the Bunce Brothers Dan & David) was no picnic.

2 Likes

That article makes me think Kellen would be the perfect replacement for his dad…when that time comes. He is already ingrained in the culture and seems to get “it”. I think a transition would be almost seemless.

3 Likes

You are right…Kellen gets it!!

3 Likes

Great writeup and not sure who I would pick to win between the starters and 6 reserves.

Next year I think the starters will have an early advantage but what a great learning environment for our young future backcourt.

1 Like

Yes I am beginning to believe Houston Basketball might end up being a Sampson family dynasty.

4 Likes

I’ll never forget going to Murray State for the very first game of the CKS era. We were very early because the ticket got you in for Murray womens game before and got to watch shootaround. The team came out with “Toughest Team Wins” shirts and Kellen had one on looked like one of the players and started running intense snap drills from the top of the key. My dad (who knows his college hoops) asked who is that? I said that’s Kelvin’s son Kellen. Dad said that kid’s got a look in his eyes he’ll probably be your coach one day. Yep.

4 Likes

Dan me and the wife went to that game, too! Drove from Vermont to Houston for thanksgiving, timed it so that we could be in kentucky as a halfway point. We won that game, it was awesome. Steaks and beers at the bar right off campus. Locals were asking us why we weren’t drinking whiskey as that was the showcase of the bar. Freakin Kan-tuck-ee. Those people can drink. Never would have made thanksgiving if i took their advice.

2 Likes