Prayers, positive vibes, good wishes request

I don’t usually do these and I like to keep family issues private but I have to make an exception here. This is Luke Vidal, my and avidkat’s great-nephew. I’ve plastered his highlights on the football board the last 3 years.

He’s got endocarditis. It could be bad and he might need open heart surgery.

Anyone know anything about it?

I’ve Googled stuff and all I seem to be able to gather is that it’s bad and at a minimum, six weeks of serious antibiotics up to and including open heart surgery. Family is holding up ok but man, this is tough.

7 Likes

Prayer’s too the family… :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

:pray: :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

1 Like

Our prays are with your family.

1 Like

As I’m sure you and your family know, it’s an inflammation of the inner lining of the heart as the result of a bacterial infection. It’s unusual in a young man. I’ve not had it, but I have had open-heart surgery over 20 years ago. That is very survivable, I’m proof of that, as are many other people. Best thoughts and wishes for the young man.

6 Likes

Prayers for Luke. I hope all goes well. :pray:

1 Like

Wishing him well.

1 Like

I hope everything goes well Johnny.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

He’s doing well considering the circumstances. We should know today if he needs surgery or not.

3 Likes

Prayers definitely in progress!

1 Like

BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS COMING HIS WAY!!!

2 Likes

TAPS!

1 Like

Prayers and best wishes, Johnny. Have him ask his Doc if he will need to be pre-medicated for his future dental appointments. Sometimes that’s the case. Also make sure he mentions this to his dentist.

1 Like

Thx, Mike! I’ll pass this along.

Thx again, Cougar family! :heart:

2 Likes

Prayers and best wishes.

1 Like

My boy is improving greatly. The mitral valve is stabilizing and may be healing. He’s going home today but will still be monitored for a few weeks.

He’s only worried about playing football in the fall right now. :pleading_face: I love football and I love my nephew but sometimes he really pisses me off! :rofl: j/k

Thanks for the prayers :pray:

11 Likes

Awesome news Johnny.

2 Likes

Hang in there Johnny! Who said youth is wasted on the young? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great news!!!

1 Like

Home Sweet Home

7 Likes