Pre-Game Rituals or Good Luck Charms

Does anybody here do a pre game ritual or have a good luck charm for the football games?

I don’t but one of my tail gate buddies developed one last year. He walked to TDECU for our opening game even though the shuttle passes right by our usual tail gate spot. He walked to the second game and we won so he decided he has to walk to TDECU as his good luck charm.

1 Like

dude couldn’t walk to connecticut?

8 Likes

I’m on the drumline in the spirit of Houston and we all have pregame hand shakes, the snare stretch (a dance thing), and obviously the Pre-Cougar walk Drum feature out by the coog statue. it would feel pretty wrong not to do any of those things before a game.

1 Like

I have one similar which is only going through the same gate where Bill Yeoman’s statue is located!

I used to have a lucky hat, but then the TDECU opener happened.

2 Likes

My husband wore the same UH cap during game day for almost every single game last season. The one time he did not wear it was - you guessed it - during the UConn game because we were at a party for friend on the other side of town and he forgot to bring it. He wouldn’t even let me wash the cap at all last season because he thought it would mess up the mojo. So he wore it for every single game (except UConn) starting with the Tenn Tech game at TDECU (was pretty hot that day), during the rainy games and through the Peach Bowl. He finally let me wash it after we returned home from watching the Coogs win in Atlanta.

2 Likes

So what you’re telling us is that if UH loses to OU, it’ll be your fault.

1 Like

LOL - I hope not!

New season, better mojo. :sunglasses:

I generally wretch like a jackal after a full meal, then get drunk while the game is on and scream
obscenities like I have Tourettes syndrome. It’s unfortunate because my kids blame me for teaching them
’bad’ words.

1 Like

I Drink 12 Bud Lights before every kickoff. :wink: Yes I know I drink good beer.

1 Like

This started at Robertson. The former frat guys behind me rubbed my bald head for good luck. It’s carried over to TDECU since at least one of them has to do it now.

Mine is that have I none. I don’t allow myself to consciously do something repeatedly just bacause I did it and we won before. I can repeat something just not as a good luck charm. I started this last year and it’s paid off well.

On the walk from the parking lot to the stadium my wife and I drink a beer …preferably a Modelo Especial.

1 Like