'Preeminence' vote puts USF on the cusp of joining the ranks of UF and FSU

Sounds like an NRUF type of deal and sounds like USF is about where UH is on their goals; basically playing the waiting game with graduation rates:

‘Preeminence’ vote puts USF on the cusp of joining the ranks of UF and FSU

Pray, what are th most updated grad rates for UH?

I can’t seem to find that info on the scout site now that the topics over there have been moved/combined. I do recall that UH’s 4 year graduation rates have been ridiculously abysmal.

USF is looking to have a 6 year graduation rate of 70% (currently the 6 year rate is 68%).

It looks like UH is way ahead of USF on several of the parameters outlined in the article. I understand it’s a different state with different guidelines (and no PUF); however, it shows how well UH is tracking on the academic front compared to other large, urban universities.

As I’ve stated before on the other site, UH only really needs to improve its graduation rates. The academic investment in facilities, research, endowment, business partnerships and student outreach/scholarships have been made and are continuing to be made. It’s now up to the student body that UH has admitted to perform and produce.

I researched the info I was looking for above: What are the current graduation rates for UH.

The most recent data from www.uh.edu states that the 4 year graduation rate is 25.2% and the 6 year graduation rate is 51.0%,

Here’s the link: Retention and Graduation Rates 2014-2021 - University of Houston

UH is admitting and enrolling some strong to very strong freshman classes the past several years. It will be interesting to see how the stats improve for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 graduating years.

1 Like