Pregame Thread - Houston at Memphis (Tomorrow 11:00am on ABC)

Bingo…We are in trouble. With no DK, I have zero confidence we will win this game. Even if Ed Oliver played…we lost a leader at the position we could not afford to lose a leader. I would be shocked if we won this game. I haven’t felt this way since David Piland at QB…

1 Like

Watch for Brooker to get a lot of time, mostly as a blindside blocker, then running a route as a change of pace relief valve.

3 Likes

This game will be similar to the year that the Oilers won in the playoffs with Gifford Nielsen at QB.

GO COOGS!!!

6 Likes

Looks like Henderson isn’t 100%.

To me this is one of those “strength through adversity” type scenarios

Do we want it more

The two teams will play for the right to face UCF in The American Championship on Dec. 1. That game will kick off at 2:30 p.m. CT and air on ABC.

Friday’s game at Memphis will also air on KPRC 950 AM with the pregame show hosted by Matt “Soccer” Thomas kicking off at 10 a.m.

Houston fans not making the trip to Memphis are encouraged to join their fellow Coogs at official Houston watch parties throughout the city. A full list of official watch parties can be found here .

Is that straight up or against the spread?

Straight up and to make it worse, we’ve lost our last six final road games of the regular season. You have to go back to the 2011 season to see a win at Tulsa. Before that, 2006 Memphis.

So, basically… we win our last away game, we make the conference championship game.

Edit: the other ones are at LSU 1999, at Tulane 1996, and at Rice 1995.

1 Like

Time to make it 6-23…

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/evan_b/status/1064310016876924928

Forecast as of now:

Gonna be a gritty game

I like it

Memphis has been very poor in the rain…hope it continues.

1 Like

We better be able to run the ball and stop the run. Henderson and Memphis are not Tulane.

Henderson is not 100%. Taylor is. He is one big…

2 Likes

Is Henderson questionable?

Memphis always seems to have a RB from the Houston area. How do they recruit here so well?

They play here. Easier to recruit here when you come to town once every other year.

No, but he isn’t 100%. He has been dealing with nagging injuries and he got banged up against SMU (don’t we know the feeling). Didn’t play hardly at all in the 2nd half. It looked like an oblique injury in the abdomen that they were trying to stretch. Taylor Jr played almost the entire sencond half along with some Freshman.

1 Like

Sounds a little messed up, but I hope he doesn’t play. lol

1 Like

So true. Everyone recruits here. That’s what makes us the biggest sleeping giant in America. UTA has every right to be afraid.