President Khator NCAA Board of Directors

Not sure if football related but:

9 Likes

This is good. Never hurts to have her on boards. Plus, she can network with other presidents.

10 Likes

Does this new position have any implications as to ensuring the schools like the one in Austin play fair during conference realignment(i.e. releasing the full nelson on other big 12 schools)?

5 Likes

Her term on the D1 board ends in 2023, when realignment starts. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

From the Dallas Federal Reserve Advisory Board to the Division 1 Board! This sounds like a lot more fun.

1 Like

I was hoping she could get ut kicked OUT of the big 12 !

2 Likes

Doubtful. The NCAA has been losing power ever since they lost the lawsuit vs OU and Georgia back in 1984.

I guess the ring leader of the administrative clown show at Houston is what the NCAA respects now.

Right, Mr. Thamel?

9 Likes

ZING !!

Oh no! Don’t mention that #$%@.

Hell the ncaa is a clown show for the most part. So in his mind it probably makes sense lol!

1 Like

This is no longer just a clown show - it’s the BIG CLOWN SHOW.

2 Likes

I’d rather be on the FED board. NCAA has too much politics in it!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Renu gets us into the ACC. We could find ourselves one day playing basketball versus Duke, North Carolina and Virginia and playing football versus Clemson, Miami and Florida State.

4 Likes

That’s a pipe dream.

_Khator is no stranger to serving on an NCAA committee, having served as the American Athletic Conference (The American) representative on the NCAA Division I Presidential Forum since Sept. 2016. As the primary presidential advisory body for the NCAA Division I Board, she has provided counsel on many of the most pivotal issues facing collegiate athletics. _

“The experience of serving on the NCAA Presidential Forum for the last several years has only strengthened my awareness of the challenges and matters facing the NCAA, including the financial sustainability of athletics programs, health and safety. I look forward to expanding my responsibilities within the NCAA,” she said.

The UConn’s president’s term ends in May. Renu has just been chosen as the rep for the AAC for the next 4 years. It’s an honor to get that position but gives the conference no special power in politics.

1 Like

No it’s not. I don’t know why you find time to repetitively shoot down aspirations of people on this board. We have proven time and time again that we are just as good, if not better than those programs. We have a lot to offer as program as a whole. It’s going to happen, and if you’re one of the real Coogs, you’ll be rejoicing with us!

2 Likes

Dream scenario!

1 Like