Price of gas

But but we don’t have hydrogen gas stations. Hydrogen explodes. You can’t make hydrogen without fossil fuels. It uses rare earth materials in manufacture. After it’s warranty runs out you have to scrap it in a landfill. China invented hydrogen. Hydrogen is made with child labor.

2 Likes

Hydrogen Fuel Basics | Department of Energy.

1 Like
1 Like

Battery power vehicles are made with rare earth minerals, we have few charging stations also. The main source of electricity to charge them are fossil fuels

Windmills don’t spoil the environment when it goes bad.

you may want to reassess that statement. The blades are non-recyclable and go into trash dumps where they leach heavy metals and if they catch fire they release toxins into the air, and when working properly they murder plenty of birds.

May want to get updates on that non recyclable claim.

Murdering birds seems a bit overly dramatic.

That’s my pet peeve ( or at least one of them) on the use of emotionally charged words
to make a point. And I’m guilty as well of course. But when people come emotionally charged up,
difficult to have a discussion. Airplanes, and power lines, and reflective windows have been
murdering birds since their creation.

1 Like
1 Like

I buy Shell at the station down the street and it is a nickel or dime lower than most others around here. And the price is the same cash or credit.

I put everything I can on my United Master Card and pay total balance each month. It has provided a few of my flights to Hawaii for my bride and I - and first class at that.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have a good deal. If you use the Exxon or Shell phone
app, you can add your favorite card to the apps, and get an additional
3-10 cents gallon discount too. And if you fail to use one for awhile , they will
add a $2-5 dollar credit as well from time to time to get you to come back.

I like the convenience of activating the pump from inside the car, not having to fumble with the actual card, and getting an email transaction receipt as well.

1 Like

I use the app too, super convenient.

You probably believe they cause cancer too.

The windmills are designed to help disperse the chemtrails.

2 Likes

Exxon is a great company. They pay a good dividend and people don’t realize the complexities of oil and gas. Many times they spend millions in Turing to find oil and hit nothing. Compare gas prices for a gallon of milk vs a gallon of gas and you’ll see the profit margins on gas aren’t that great.

You really should be looking at crude oil margins instead of gasoline when talking Exxon.

1 Like

1 Like

The dividend paid stayed way ahead of inflation