Question

Bowser has now played in 3 games. Does that mean he has burned his redshirt for the season and is not returning? I know in football you can play in 4 games and still redshirt, but I thought that wasn’t the same in basketball. I wonder if we just signed him to have a big body to practice against.

If I’m not mistaken, the rule is 30% of games in BB not 3 games. Approximately 10 games.

But it can be confusing. Bc the 30% rule like TM fell under last year n qualified under is for Medical, Injury situations only. If you are deemed healthy there is No grace period like Football. Also tells me that Ramon Walker whatever is/was Mental/Injury going on with him qualified under the Medical RS rule.

1 Like

This is correct.

So Tramon could have 2 more years after this year if he wanted ?

1 Like

:100: % correct Sir. But keeping in mind that anyone that has NBA aspirations , the Age factor will definitely come into play. If the Coogs can get him back next year that would be excellent n would very likely be his last year!

As a grad student, does Bowser even have any eligibility left after this year?

Nope.
Still trying to figure that one out for ea side but i hope he’s making the best of his time at UH.

bowser is done after this season and plans to be a grad assistant after the season while finishing his master from a sampson interview

3 Likes

Who else is redshirting and hasn’t played this season?

Mylik Wilson and Ced Lath haven’t played. Both redshirting

And then Ramon Walker is medical redshirt. He played 10 games

2 Likes

Will they get minutes this season to play w/o burning their redshirt?

If that’s true then he should be playing more minutes especially towards the end

No. See above for explanation

I mean based on his height and position. If not he’s essentially just there taking up space when someone else could be there learning.

I was responding to @GooseCreekCoog cmcoog not you

No grace period in Basketball unless you are determined as Medical casualty.

2 Likes

He’s mainly here for practice. All the minutes he could get are going to Javier and that’s what is best for the team.