Quinoa

Quinoa tabouli is great, but not nearly as good as chocolate hummus!!! :wink::rofl:

6 Likes

As protein gets more expensive it’s worth finding ways to supplement your diet with grains like quinoa and legumes. Take beans in chili, which is anathema in Texas. I still take my Texas Red the traditional way, but for a mid week meal a “chili” with pintos or red beans is a fantastic way to get the protein my family needs at a lower cost.

I’ve used quinoa as a filler in meat loaf before, it was pretty good. I’ve recently used TVP (textured vegetable protein) on a homemade Greek pizza. I heavily seasoned and spiced it like gyro meat, then put it on a homemade dough (HEB has a good option in the frozen section), with red onions, feta, olives, and tomatoes. It was really good and I didn’t notice the lack of meat.

3 Likes

I’ll admit it right now….when I make “chili” I use red kidney beans :beans: in mine….blast away….lol

2 Likes

Quinoa on its own is pretty tasteless. Wife makes it occasionally as a substitute for Spanish rice. I like to mix it with pico de gallo…same with couscous.

My wife makes a sauteed sweet potatoe quinoa thing that is tolerable. Barely. I eat it so she keeps cooking. I’d wither away if the tamales and enchiladas disappeared.

With regards to the beans, kidneys and pintos are something i could eat every day. And my chili has kidneys i grow, old heirloom scarlet reds with albino white specks, and its delicious. Of course i throw a big hunk of salt pork in and tons of jalapeños so there’s that.

1 Like

Fung’s Kitchen has a seaweed dish that’s fantastic

You’re nuts… Seawood and artichoke are delicious…

DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY

2 Likes

If you’re an otter.

I’m telling you that stuff makes me sick up in heya!

1 Like

Wait what about mandola’s whole fried artichokes?

I need you to try some of my wife’s stir fried seaweed, Chinese style.

Tasty!

As far as artichokes go, ever had a pizza with artichoke hearts?

Not bad!

1 Like

In my wife’s country they dip artichokes in mayonnaise.

Having a conniption because someone likes to put beans in their own chili is pretty asinine, IMHO.

There are lots of people who prefer a plant based diet like yours truly (though I cheat every once in a while with sardines and blue cheese, don’t tell anybody).

De gustibus non est disputandum , or de gustibus non disputandum est , is a Latinmaxim meaning “In matters of taste, there can be no disputes” (literally “about taste, it should not be disputed”).[1][2] The phrase is commonly rendered in English as “There is no accounting for taste(s).”[3]The implication is that everyone’s personal preference is a merely subjective opinion that cannot be right or wrong, so they should never be argued about as if they were. Sometimes the phrase is expanded as De gustibus et coloribus… referring to tastes and colors. The saying is an ancient Roman adage. Its vernacular and textual origin are unknown, and a subject of debate in itself.O

2 Likes

You really should consider cheating better. :laughing:

3 Likes

Can’t disagree.

Oh for the love of God, no.

3 Likes

Artichoke good for digestion.

These are outstanding…My family has been making these for years

These on the grill with lemon

1 Like

You’re talking about crumbled blue cheese correct?