Quotes from BoR Meeting on Athletics

The administration is moving forward with a transition to the B12. Leadership is in place and football team is preparing for a Bowl game. The fan base is apoplectic.

5 Likes

Never said AAC was tougher those are your words. Just pointed out Tulane beat one of the B12 finalist. next

2 Likes

Different revolution. But our general is here for at least a couple more years.

1 Like

Except that that was the very context in which you posted. The posts that you responded to were posts pointing out that the Big 12 was a strong conference than the AAC.

You tried to refute that point by saying that Tulane beat one of those top ten teams, as if that would prove that the gap isn’t great.

Epic fail. As I posted, BIG DEAL. That hardly refutes my point.

Your counterpoint was a non-point.

Of course, you tried to be a little smart arse and allege that results don’t matter to me.

They do, but they have to be RELEVANT results. The result you posted was IRRELEVANT to the point, and didn’t refute it.

The results that yours truly and others posted, by contrast, were relevant on that point, prove it, and disprove your counterpoint.

Sorry if that was too difficult for you.

Who is more tome death-

The local Football team on Kirby or the local Football team on Cullen?

I read the “notes” multiple times.
Am I the only one to think that our P.R. department…if it exists is one of the worst I have ever witnessed?
What is this?
Is this the way to get our fan base excited?
Does anybody have any common sense?
Seriously Fertitta, Pezman and CDH know better but to tell every single one of us that we are going to suck, are going to pay higher prices even though there might be on SOME SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE?
WE HAVE WAITED SINCE 1996 TO REJOIN A POWER CONFERENCE AND THIS IS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO ENTER THE BIG12?

1 Like

I’ve stated my only point. You seem to be fixated on the big bad B12. TCU and KS made the finals, good for them. However more than not all schools in the B12 not named OU & UT have been football bottom feeders or near to it despite having P5 advantages. If you want to pretend otherwise have at it.

Lighten up Francis

Signed,
Sgt. Hulka

1 Like

That’s exactly how I felt hence my post about Tilman in denial. To me their in an alternate reality.

1 Like

Even UT and OU have had weak seasons and losing seasons.

That’s a non-point.

That’s true of every team in every conference.

Doesn’t mean that the Big 12 isn’t stronger than the AAC.

Ah Fertitta covering for his drinking buddy. Shocker.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Wha…wha…what? K-state has finished in the Top 25 like 13 times in the past 30 years, probably going to be 14 at the end of the season. WVU has 11 times, Oklahoma State 10 times, Baylor 6 times etc…

really-nice-cousin-eddie

With The Dud leading the way, what could possibly go wrong next season

Apart from Kansas, who are the bottom-feeders?

I went over the Massey Composite before, where the Big 12 does quite well in terms of averages.

Another way to look at is individual teams ranked below 50 since 2014:
Big 12: 20%
Irate 8: 25%
SEC: 29%
POWER FIVE: 38%
Pac-12: 42%
Big Ten: 50%
ACC: 57%
AAC: 73%

Below Median Power 5 team (Post-realignment in parenthesis):
Big 12: 30%
Irate 8: 37.5%
SEC: 43% (37.5%)
Big Ten: 50% (50%)
Pac-12: 58% (60%)
ACC: 64%
AAC: 91%

Kansas and Texas Tech are the ones below 50, and Iowa State is the third that is below the median (which is NC State). Believe it or not, the lone AAC team above the median is… Memphis. They never had a breakout season but between 2014 and 2021 they also never had a losing season.

The lack of bottom-feeders is, as far as I’m concern, the chief strength of the conference. The weakness is the lack of champions.

3 Likes

Tilman isn’t prepared to pay CDH’s massive buyout.

“You’re going to see our fans take our tickets and sell them to Texas fans, Baylor fans, and Tech fans” - Tilman. “You’re going to be confused about it when you watch stuff on TV.” This was mentioned after Pez said that visitors get 50 tickets. Well, that’s for hoops, not football. Is it a couple thousand for football?

This is hyperbole but Tilman’s right that visiting fans will gobble up tickets if they can get them for $100 or less and we might have people sell tickets if they can’t attend but would get $100 each. There will be substantially more demand at first. Our season ticket sales will definitely go up, whether we have CDH on board, Prime Time, UTSA’s coach or Garrett Riley. What percentage of those new ticket sales be to brokers, out of towners or bandwagon fans who will sell tickets?

Hoops tickets will get severely pinched. SMU did a reseat campaign right as Larry Brown was leaving. They made short term profit gains and pi$$ed off a lot of long-time fans. Pez and Tilman would be wise to talk with the SMU AD about that experience. Raise prices a bit more each year but don’t choke the base. Let 'em make some money on resales if need be but allow them to lock in.

For football, well, how high will season ticket sales go? 30K with UT at TDECU? 5K for students and you’re left with 5K more. Maybe allow up to 7500 for students and sell what they don’t pick up in advance.

2 Likes

How many are already in the hands of scalpers already? A bucketful

1 Like

Well the Union had Lincoln as POTUS, while UH has the equivalent of George McClellan as AD.

Every decision has been wrong.

Be careful what you say about Yezman. I caught hell for calling out his incompetence.

Fact is, Yezman has literally bought into the “UH students/fans are mediocre” rep that has infected even many on this board.

Sad!!

Any Godfather reference deserves a round of applause.