Ranked and Relevant Teams Schedule

Hope this is useful.

2 Likes

And the AAC current schedule:

2 Likes

It makes me wonder if we will actually become ranked if we win this weekend. The teams just in front of us mostly have wins scheduled for this week. We may need some upsets to make the jump into the top 25.

1 Like

Yes but we are playing a ranked team.

1 Like

Honestly with the blatant disrespect that has been spewed by ESPN and their talking heads, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re not ranked until we are 10-1. They could say well, USF wasn’t that good and then the next couple of teams we play don’t have great records.

1 Like

We just need to be ranked above the g4 schools.
And none of them are playing anybody ranked except for UAB who plays at A&M on week 12. USF is better than any teams they are facing.
We’ll be rank next week if we beat USF.
ESPN doesn’t control the votes.

1 Like

I agree and know ESPN doesn’t control the votes but they have influence and the bias with voting this year has been quite apparent. Appalachian State 25? Texas from unranked to top 10 in 2 weeks?

2 Likes

The Texas one is pure bias, but the best computer polls have App St higher than 25. They’ve been dominating their opponents. Well see if that continues.

3 Likes

They have the same problem as UCF. There is not many competitive teams on their schedule.

Style points and undefeated records help but only to certain extent.

UCF actually has a worse schedule so far if I remember the rankings right, but UCF’s is back-loaded, so that should start changing as soon as next Thursday’s Temple game.

1 Like

If UH played this schedule to a 5-2 record, would they be #16 or #17? The best win is App St at home? Losing to Michigan St is not a good thing this year. And App St is ranked because they played PSU to a close game on the road?

1 Like

Also, it will be telling if Ohio St jumps ahead of UCF in next week’s poll when neither played a game.

1 Like

Probably not. But you are trying to make sense out of something that was never meant to make sense.

It is like saying it doesn’t make sense that President Trump won the last election.

I am not saying he does or does not deserve to win. What you and I think is the logical choice for president is irrelevant. By the vote counts, he won the election.

So by the counts of all the biased votes (not ours but the ones that actually matter), Penn State is number 16, and we are not ranked. We could influence the votes by campaigning (style points for dominating our competitions), but, that is not our priority.

Well The Great Amazing Best University of Texas team that has ever been fielded in Austin and plays for the love of their brother is doing about as well as we all expected. Getting destroyed by 4-3 OK state.
I guess that touchdown beatdown over Tulsa was a fluke.

4 Likes

Loss by numbers
6 Texas
9 FL
15 WA
16 A&M
18 IA
19 OR
20 WI
21 USF
22 NC state
24 Stanford