Re: UH Playing UT Again

my dislike of UT must be longer and deeper than yours. All is fair game

3 Likes

Yes -'there’s a reason a lot can’t function on the next level or runs back to Austin when pro dreams are dried up for a token “job” because they function in society unfortunately and need to be baby sat or have their egos fed in Austin

1 Like

Broadcast networks have no say in the team composition of the conferences, either. In fact, broadcasters have very little influence in college football at all.

Seriously !!

Is this a joke?

2 Likes

As I recall, ESPN played a key role in the moves of the schools to the ACC. In effect, the ACC could ask ESPN “How much would each of these schools be worth to our TV contract?”

1 Like

My understanding is that the SEC can’t be involved with UT or OU’s departure process with the Big 12. In other words, UT and OU have to cleanup their own mess with the Big 12 before the SEC will let them in.

1 Like

OU has to be the holdup because UT can just pass the hat for the buyout.

1 Like

You are correct. OU doesn’t have the “flexibility” to payoff the Big 12.

Thanks for re-posting this. I think some people have forgotten how drastically the BCS Conference and one of the top basketball Conferences that invited us CHANGED before we played our first game.

I’m not saying the same will happen to the Big 12 but we are still way over a year away before we play our first game

2 Likes

wish it wasn’t true

Broadcasters are out to promote certain coaches on the air to raise their values - ESPN has a role in the CFP - you know that.

The SEC welcoming UT and OU doesn’t really mean they weren’t the source of the Big 12’s problems. They’re valuable enough to be worth the headaches.

Since those two left, the conference has done a remarkably good job of acting swiftly with good decision-making in a way that simply didn’t happen before.

Texas will drag down the SEC.:grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, we won’t get that money. We barely got anything from all the Big East departures. That’s just how it works.

Which is why I hope UT and OU don’t pay up. I think there’s a good chance we do actually get to play Texas. I think everybody is going to get Texas or Oklahoma, and I think Houston vs Texas makes more sense. They might work it out so that we only play them in Austin, though, or something like that.

2 Likes

Any one of them that gets an invite from another P5 conference goes.

Fortunately for the Big 12 I don’t see anyone getting one. (I was not this optimistic with regard to the BE.)

Question is, how long will UT and the Aggies coexist in 1 conference before one off them jumps ship or goes independent. Ten years tops in my opinion

1 Like

It won’t.

Depends. In the SEC Texas is clearly not the top dog.

It is quite clearly Alabama and Georgia’s conference.

1 Like

They will coexist together forever as long as the SEC is a top dollar conference.

1 Like

Nobody is leaving the SEC.

1 Like