Re: UH Playing UT Again

I for one would be happy to never play their worthless ass again in any sport. I would also be very happy if their whole damn university was removed from the face of the earth, and all their records expunged from history.

17 Likes

I’m more excited about playing Kansas at tdecu this yr than ever playing UT. If UT dodges us i’m ok with it and if they want it at nrg, I’m not going to it. UT doesn’t excite me bc of who they are to us.

4 Likes

I’m also glad they aren’t in our conference and if they backed out I’d be depressed they are in our conf. OU I’m ok with. They at least played us recently.

4 Likes

It would be a pleasant surprise if they came to Houston. There are 8 members with seniority that want UT to go to their stadium. But we might get a game in Austin. They’re not going to use their negotiating capital to avoid that.

1 Like

I did thoroughly enjoy beating them in the HOF in the CBI a few years back… :grin:

1 Like

All I know is I’m loving my front row seats at TDECU going into the Big 12!

6 Likes

The PUF illegally funded universty located in Austin has manipulated college football for decades along with the ncaa. By the way they still have not sold the utHouston land. They clearly were afraid to play us when judas bolted to lucifer’s land.
The BIG10 is about to sign a mega media deal. This will clearly impact other conferences. You could call it the first domino to fall. I am 100% sure our leaders are keeping a close eye on the P5 landscaping.
Could we see the PUF illegally funded university located in Austin bolt earlier to the SEC? I am not a betting man but their silence speaks volume. Remember that the AAC, BIG12 and SEC all have a contract with the stinky rodent.
Moving money around is child’s play to them. They can’t compete in the BIG12 and have not been able to do so for years. Would they rather get beat in lowly BIG12 country or the SEC?

1 Like

I’ll bet real money they bail before playing a game versus us! lol

They’ll stick around one more year and either bail before we join or do that whole scheduling thing in the 14 team league to avoid playing us. lol Not gonna happen guys.

And to be honest would we even be ready??? I mean we lose QB1 and a host of others. We would still be early in our Big 12 adjustment, i think we’d be slaughtered.

On a side note, i still think theyll tell the SEC siiiiiiiiike!!! And bounce over to Big 10 land where the competition is less grueling and the money just as plentiful (maybe moreso???).

Direct quote from Pezman

“Two years ago, we weren’t doing transfer portal. I use those just as examples because of how fast this can change. Who would have ever thought we would even have a chance to be in a league with some of these teams? Now it’s looking like a possibility.

“Today it could be there; tomorrow it may not.”

Edited. What’s with the possibility statement, are we joining the big12 or not. What’s going to change between now and 2023. Are we going to the pac12.

2 Likes

Because UT and OU are locked in the big 12 until 2025 unless OU can pony up the massive amount of money for an early exit

Pez’s ‘believe it when I see it” could refer to the possibility of UT & OU leaving as we arrive. They want that SEC money ASAP.

7 Likes

We’re joining. Nothing to read into this.

1 Like

UT will do anything to not play us again! I do mean anything !
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

Do not lose any sleep over playing UT.

An over-rated experience.

13 Likes

4 schools will not get to play UT (or OU) in 23 and 24…I wonder which 4 schools that will be…

It might not just be UT (and OU) dictating terms, it might be because all of the existing members want to continue playing UT and OU until the end (to ensure at least two more marquee home games) at the expense of the new members

7 Likes

The Big12 is going to have a UH vs UT because there will be a lot of hype for that game and the networks can’t wait to air it.

I can see the networks promoting it as an old Southwest Conference foe game and showing clips of UH slaughtering UT in Austin. This is a game that has to happen if UT doesn’t manage to escape to the SEC before the 2023 season.

I think the networks know that viewership for this game will be really high.

4 Likes

Networks don’t have any say in making up the schedules.

2 Likes

I can see uta agreeing to play UH IF the game is in Austin, which is fine with me. We used to send tons of fans over there back in the day. Those people are so tedious.

1 Like

the networks definitely influence the schedules, they may not be in the room but they are paying for the content, and they will get their money’s worth.
you can bank on that.
I think there is a good chance we play UT if they stay, the OU and UT influence on a new b12 commish will be nil.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, when it comes to scheduling of conference games it’s the conferences that sets them, not the schools.

3 Likes