Re: UH Playing UT Again

Love it when we beat them or the Agy hi…but come on…check our overall record against the evil empire…this whole thread is silly and we sound like a bunch of jealous brats…shake it off and act like you have been there…

3 Likes

they won it in '63, in '69 and in 2006…but I am whole lot more concerned about us winning our first in basketball or football…please Lord let that happen soon!

3 Likes

I prefer to refer to football championships before the “playoff” (ie, winning it on the field) as
Mythical Championships !!

No doubt but they are still in the record books. I think our best chance was in ‘79. Guess who screwed that up in the Astrodome?

Those “record books” are held by the media, thus mythical.

JMHO

1 Like

And peoole keep saying it is Nebraska that has been lost in the B1G TEN.

Look.at the comparison to Texas!

8 Likes

Lol whatever floats your both. Wish we had one of those mythical titles

1 Like

Who needs UT and their second going on third rate football team anyway? We do not need them and should not court them. They are the toxic waste dump of college sports.

3 Likes

They are mythical.

You can have as many as you want😎.

Frankly, I could give a sh!t what the media thinks about anything.

Pretty much tells the story.

1 Like

You don’t think the so called four team playoff isn’t media and money driven.
I know you don’t give a poo-poo

1 Like

Attended the somewhat famous 1968 game in Austin. Was the debut of The Wishbone. Ended in a 20-20 tie.

Also attended many other games in Austin. The UT fans are the very worst in The State of Texas. Would never again go to a game there.

If UH does not play UT that will not be a negative for me. Would rather play Aggies and Hogs than The Horns. Never had a bad experience at either campus. Ditto Tech, Baylor, and TCU. Been to all 3 stadiums. Perfectly fine experiences.

Horn fans are the dregs of society. Good riddance as they move to The SEC.

8 Likes

Right. In most cases, national champions before the playoff were pretty clearly deserving. In fact, you would sometimes have the two top teams playing in one of the four or five New Year’s Day bowls just as 1 and 2 go to the CFP today.

1 Like

As long as one of them was named Notre Dame !

Notre Dame won zero national championships in the 25 years before the inception of the CFP.

I don’t need to play them and just want to end up ranked higher than them each year and thank them for our elevated recruiting since they will suck, and we won’t.

2 Likes

UhOh! UT soon to replace Miami as Thug U.

1 Like

We complain about our terrible schedule but don’t want to play a hated enemy lol.
Naw who needs a packed stadium with excited fans screaming their lungs out when you can play Tulsa or Tulane and complain about our attendance?

3 Likes

Earl Thomas has been out of Texas for like 12 years now. I mean I love dragging Texas as much as all of us but this one seems silly to pull Texas into something that doesn’t seem to involve them at all outside of 12 years ago he was there.

1 Like

Well let’s see…back in the day…

the big10 champion played the PAC champion in the Rose Bowl
the SWC champion played in the Cotton Bowl
the Big 8 champion played in the Orange Bowl
the SEC champion played in the Sugar Bowl

and ND played in whatever of those bowls paid the the most $$$$

1 Like