Reading Between The Lines?

I do not think Texas will ever leave first. I have some very well placed Longhorn alums and donors who are friends and they have told me repeatedly that Texas will NEVER leave first, as they do not want finger pointed at them for Big 12 fracture…OU will have to be the bad guy here, and it is a mystery where they stand…If OU can get the league to expand by 2018 or 2019, i think they might stay, because going to 12 or 14 could help stabilize the league. If nothing happens, which basically means none of OUs demands were met, i think they leave. Them anything could happen…

Why would OU stay when they could make a lot more in the Big 10? The Big 12 will never have a lucrative network given the geography/population of its footprint. Texas is keeping up with and even finishing ahead of B1G and SEC schools because of the 15 million or so it gets from the LHN. OU doesn’t have that luxury. So the Big 12 will continue to flounder around 250 million while the SEC and B1G hover around 450 mil and move closer to 500. Texas would put them over half a billion.

OU still makes more than anyone in PAC or ACC does…If OU was so in love with leaving, we shouldve heard more of their discontent and talking to other conferences…Instead they tried very hard to revitalize the Big 12…They look to have failed, but they DID try…
It is almost as if things have been orchestrated to GIVE OU justification for leaving…
.Things do seem to be pointing more toward a Big 12 fracture than Big 12 expansion…WHY would any other schools be unsupportive of expansion when standing pat virtually ensures OU will leave? Are schools like K state and Iowa state and TCU really that stupid?? It would appear they are…

Well while most of us enjoy these discussions of sooner/horn exiting …

Unfortunately REALITY sets in as neither can exit without creating a massage jail break with two or more partners which would pretty much dissolve the conference and THOSE PESKY GORs.

The horns won’t find any partners as most all of their conference bros hate them. OU talked the big talk of leaving but couldn’t walk the walk needed … Boren wouldn’t do well in a poker game.

Neither probably ARE GOING ANYWHERE soon except to the bathroom where they will sit on their thrones with those GOR ball and chain firmly attached to their legs for several years to come.

Meanwhile the B1G may or may not consider expanding … the ACC hasn’t even discussed expanding much to Coogbong and his chicken bones psychic dismay. The SEC will only expand when EEU alleged SEC under armed biggies finish their mint juleps on their plantation verandas sometime in the unforeseeable future.

The Pac12 … STILL a graveyard … with only Robt Kirkmans zombies roaming the streets of L.A.

Yuck, always about grabbing more money for non profit amateur athletics that aren’t even the core purpose of the parent, usually taxpayer funded, organization. Among the many problems with this country. Can’t we just enjoy simple football and spend all that money on stuff that matters? Why do we so need to associate with people who act this way?

ESPN is likely driving this being the scenes. The ACC network has yet to truly materialize, wick their GOR is based on. ESPN is putting less and less time and resources into the LHN. Baylor is a sinking ship. Things could get very intetesting.

The priority for UH remains the same- Just win baby.

Updated invitation went out today: