Realignment Attractiveness Score

There are some here, that have posted that the University of Houston is the second least valuable brand in the Power 4.

THAT’S NOT EVEN CLOSE!

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1771535547716047003/photo/1

We’ve yet to finish our first year in a Power Conference and are ahead of MANY Power 4 schools.

Give it 5 years and UH will be in the top 50%.
Give it 10-15 years, and UH’s brand will skyrocket even more as we will be one of the Kings of the NIL environment.

We are literally THE BIGGEST GROWTH STOCK in the Power 4!

PRINT IT!

13 Likes

We’re ahead of what… 6 schools? Lol - 3 of whom we joined the Big 12 with, and the other 3 being small private schools in the ACC/Big 12 (2 of whom will probably get sent back to G5 once the ACC implodes - SMU and Wake Forest)

Unless I’m incorrectly looking at your chart here, I don’t think we really have much to brag about considering we are in one of the most profitable metropolitan areas of the country and are the 3rd largest public school in Texas yet remain one of the least attractive realignment options

I praise your optimism and hope that your assumptions about the future turn out correct, but I don’t really see any proof that shows UH will be the “King of NIL” anytime soon.

We simply don’t have the alumni power of UT/A&M where we can generate NIL pools regardless of the on-field product. If it weren’t for UH dominating at basketball, there would be an empty pond for basketball money. The only way football will see any big time NIL money is if they are already a winning product - which we haven’t been since 2015-2016 (unless you want to count the 2021 season which most here don’t)

4 Likes

If anything, that chart PROVES how delusional Optimistic Big 12 pushers are in thinking that if the ACC loses 2-4 schools, they will BEG to join the Big 12.

NOT HAPPENING!

If anything, the ACC has more power Brands, even after the 2-4 leave, to raid the Big 12.

2 Likes

Houston’s score is definitely on the LOW END.

Well below ANY B1G school, and every SEC school except Vanderbilt.

In other words…don’t expect for UH to be a brand that the P2 come looking for, unless that REALLY changes.

We are even behind every ACC school except Wake Forest and SMU. Not promising.

3 Likes

@UH1927

Respectfully, I don’t really want to engage in this ACC-Big 12 stuff anymore, but it’s clear that you don’t fully understand the landscape as it stands. I’ll reiterate that I was in agreement with you at one point (the likelyhood of the ACC imploding being significantly low); however, that was prior to the information that we now have.

That being said, you’re entitled to your opinion which I’ll respect, but I don’t think it’s correct to be honest

1 Like

That chart doesn’t show how much the remaining ACC schools will be making if the ACC loses its biggest brands.

It’ll surely be less than now, which will put it way behind the Big 12, as opposed to just barely behind.

That’ll persuade some to move.

I think it’s fairly certain that minimum 3 schools already have a seat at the Big 12 table at this very moment - Miami, Louisville, and PITT. You could in theory throw NC State and Virginia Tech in there.

Based on the public statements and rumor-mill, it still appears that Miami is hoping for an invite to the Power 2 (which I believe is highly unlikely) - that being said, Miami despite it’s attendance issues and size, is still an incredibly profitable brand to have for realignment at least for the Big 12

Where I find this chart looses its credibly is placing Stanford as the most attractive ACC school when it’s very clear that nobody wants Stanford for different reasons

1 Like

27 is right we are like a growth stock . We have a high ceiling for a U academically as well athletically. Less folks forget we’ve been in the wilderness for 3 decades more or less without the same resources others have had in the A5. Now we have Access to more financial resources academically and athletically, sky imho is the limit.

UH has to win. In football.

That’s just the reality of it. If UH can maintain football success (and I am confident in Willie Fritz), then it’s possible our stock increases.

I’m never going to outright say that I defend Dana Holgorsen, but he joined before 3 major shifts took place.

1. UH gets invited into the Big 12
  2. Transfer Portal
  3. NIL

It is pretty obvious Dana came to Houston expecting to coast by as a G5 program, but unfortunately Dana set us back a few years. Willie Fritz has 0 momentum going into this job and is literally starting from scratch to rebuild

If CDH was doing the same thing if we were still in the AAC he still be fired.UH fans don’t suffer fools for long, especially one with a bad vibe.

I think he would’ve eventually gotten fired I agree, but it would’ve have been as soon as it did

We don’t get Willie Fritz if UH isn’t in the Big 12. Fritz would’ve taken an SEC job

1 Like

5 yrs of knucklehead was enough regardless of what conference we are in.

You could say that, but the guy got both a raise and extension for going 12-1 in 2021.

If you look at the 2022 results, majority of the 5 losses were within a touchdown or less. Let’s also not forget that Dana would still be the head coach right now had he defeated Texas

Well he ain’t.

you ignore the Evidence in front of your face.

I guarantee you that not a SINGLE NC State fan is thinking “boy, this run in both Men’s and Women’s Basketball, will really help us land that COVETED Big 12 Invitation !”

Quite the opposite.

Only delusion Big 12 Kool Aid drinkers are thinking that.

Show me one ACC source, forum, etc. stating the ACC schools are stepping over each other to get to the Big 12…lol

1 Like

I doubt the PAC schools were doing the same either…UNTIL they realized how much less they’d be making if they didn’t.

Could happen if the ACC loses its biggest brands. See the PAC for a precedent.

What are you talking about? If the ACC loses it’s top 4-6 brands, they are toast after 2027 or whenever their current tv deal is up. ESPN will opt not to extend because their average viewership tanks and they are probably looking at tv revenues far below the B12 revenues. At which point the B12 looks like a great option. They are about even with the B12 right now with FSU Clemson etc.

That’s an Apples and Oranges comparison.

the ACC has an ironclad GOR until 2036 (still binding as of this message), the PAC did NOT, and they have many more valuable brands, post raid, than the PAC.

North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Miami, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, PITT, etc. can easily survive a raid…possibly even poach the Big 12 for West Virginia, Cincinnati , etc. or add UCONN an dad another Blueblood basketball school.

there’s a reason NO ACC FANS are talking about joining the Big 12…only Big 12 fans are!

1 Like

just like the Big 12 when they were down to 8 tweener members and INCREASED their payout from ESPN?

1 Like

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…STAY TUNED!!!

There’s NO consideration in that GOR after 2027.

And as we lawyers all learn on the first day of Contracts 101…no consideration…NO binding contract.