Remember When

My first cougar game ever, i was 11…Whose crying, i’m not crying.

2 Likes

You didn’t attend with a youth group, did you?

Ah, Robertson. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thought we stood a good chance for the win so long as Chris Simms remained the QB. Once they put Major in the game, I knew it was over.

I hate visiting teams fans.

1 Like

Was that before or after bleachergate?

1 Like

That was Bleachergate.

5 Likes

If the cow college plays in Houston again in the Big12, we need to make sure that the atmosphere is closer to the Louisville game then it is that one.

5 Likes

Texas, OU, and Baylor games will sellout in seconds easily at TDECU

4 Likes

Put TT in there to

3 Likes

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. Our team got beat badly in front of a sellout crowd on our home field in what was the worst season in the entire history of UH football. But, Arthur Smith, who was then UH’s President, refused to bend under UT’s pressure by declining to move the game off campus after he had vetoed seating anyone (which almost certainly would have consisted of only UT fans) in the temporary, ticker toy type bleachers that had been erected in the north end zone at Robertson Stadium. - And, that refusal enraged the Mighty Emperor Ming of the Evil Empire (i.e., UT AD Deloss Dodds), who thereafter did his very best to screw UH any chance he got. - No other school in Texas ever had the guts to stand up to UT.

4 Likes

That’s funny! I tagged along with them, we ran routes before the game in the gymnasium.

I just want the majority of those fans to be Coogs.

Do you mean on the turf in the Alumni and Athletes Center?

Yeah, I think so. Can’t believe you remember that, hilarious.

I went to the stadium a couple weeks before the game on a weeknight with a few buddies. Admittedly we were about 4 or 5 marquis teas into the night. We climbed to the top (Robertson never locked the gates on that stadium) and it was terrifying. The four of us walked up the stairs to the top and every step the damn thing shook. By the time we were at the top it was swaying with no one on it. If we would have kept them we would have been on a ‘terrible disasters’ tv show rotation forever because we killed thousand of people.

1 Like

That’s not true.

But in our case, we cut off our nose to spite the face with that decision. One, amongst many, stupid choices our administration has made.